Well I decided to sign Abby up for tumbling. She had her first class this week... And most likely her last. Let's just say it was not what I expected. The class consisted of 12 kids ranging from 18 months-3 years old, and all their parents as well. Do keep in mind that this class takes place in a room inside the gym here on base, and there is NO Air conditioning in the gym. Oh and one more thing to keep in mind, this week we hit temperatures in the low 90s with humidity ranging up to 95%. So we were all sweating like pigs in this tiny tumbling room just packed with bodies. Then the teacher waltzes in, introduces herself and says "go have fun!" Abby was more than happy to follow the teacher's instructions and ran around the room screaming, laughing, jumping, rolling, and tumbling. I was more in shock that the teacher had no structure to the class, nothing prepared, no goals for the kids to accomplish, and gave zero instruction to the kids or helped them learn different skills. Speaking from a dance instructors perspective the class was a mess!!!
So for the next half an hour I would chase Abby around the room, set Connor down only to have him crawl away, then chase after him. I was dripping sweat by the end of the class and just wanted to get out of there. I was frustrated, Abby was hyped up, and Connor was just screaming due to being so uncomfortably hot. Let's just say I went in the next day to un enroll Abby from the class. If I am going to pay for Abby to take lessons I want there to be at least a little structure to the class! I think we will try the 2-3 year old ballet class in the fall instead. She can practice her tumbling skills on our trampoline in the backyard.
So like I mentioned above, it has been hot, hot, hot! Well, not so much hot as it has been muggy. We don't have any air conditioning in our house so we have resorted to fans and a dehumidifier. I am amazed at the amount of water the dehumidifier sucks from the air. Every hour I drain about a half gallon of water!!! Sometimes I wonder why I even bother drying off after I shower cause I become wet and sticky moments later. We have been trying to find excuses to get out of our hot, sticky house. Sometimes we will just go for a drive cause our car has AC.
The kids have been good sports about it except for when it comes to naps and bedtime. They are having such a hard time getting comfortable and have been waking up early sweating. I just keep telling myself this time will soon pass and then it will be winter where we are buried under snow. So I guess I should pick my poison: muggy and hot, or freezing and snowy. That's Misawa for ya.
Kyle and I got to go to a fun fighter pilot tradition with our 13th squadron family. We went to a piano burning. Now I will have to admit a little of me died inside watching the piano burn up in flames, but over all it was a fun night. I am not too familiar with this tradition but apparently it started around world war 2 time where they were trying to make it mandatory for officers to learn to play the piano. They thought this would bring a level of sophistication and culture to the officers so they placed pianos in all of the Officer clubs and started mandatory lessons. Now you can only imagine the pilots reaction to this. Yup, they decided to be defiant and burn the pianos. Leave it up to the pilots to not let anyone tell them what to do. So now it's a big tradition amongst fighter pilots. All of us wives were happy we got invited this time around to join in the tradition.
My little boy friend turned 9 months this week. He is crawling all over the place and is a complete momma's boy. He just wants me to hold him and give him my undivided attention all day long. With him weighing a whopping 20 lbs now, my arms and back don't let me hold him for too long. He gives the best kisses and absolutely loves chasing around his big sister and Sandy. Now if only he would start sleeping through the night I think he could be perfect ;)
We took Abby to the theaters for her first movie. We thought the minion movie would be a perfect first for her as she LOVES "Despicable Me" and all the minions. I have to say both her and Connor did better than I expected. We sat in the back right cause we knew she would get up and move around (she can't sit still while watching a movie... Ever!) Our friend Rachel came as well and she brought delicious popcorn that did a good job of distracting Abby and Connor who both practically inhaled it. Yes, Connor shares the same love of popcorn that Abby possesses.
It was a cute movie, and we think Abby enjoyed it, but I think it will be a while before we take the kids back to the theaters again. Hopefully next time we hit up the theaters it can be a date night for Kyle and myself, kid free, where we can watch a nice relaxing movie together.










No comments:
Post a Comment