Sunday, June 18, 2017

Brotherly bonding

How is my baby 6 months old already?? Man, it honestly feels like yesterday that I had him. He is so cute and I am so excited to have him fit into 6 month size clothes since some of my all time favorite outfits are 6 month sized. Every day he gets more and more character. He has officially taken on the nick name (or in our house they are called "call signs") of "Chubs." The kids call him Chubs or Chubby Chubs and it's adorable. Brayden always lights up when the kids call him that and when they give him attention. The funny part is he is actually quite slender and lean. So the fact that we call him Chubs and he is so skinny and long is kind of silly. He is rolling all over the place and even pivoting and scooting, but he still cannot sit up on his own. Hopefully he will be by the time we head out to South Korea in a couple weeks to see Kyle. That would be a fun surprise to show Kyle and would help me tremendously on the plane if he could sit instead of having to be held and laid down everywhere. Come on Chubs, lets work on those abs and core strength. 


Connor has really stepped into the role of big brother lately and has been loving it. He loves to play with Brayden on the days where Abby goes to school and it's just the boys and myself here at home. Connor always wants to hold Chubs and offers him toys to play with all the time. Connor even likes to imitate Brayden and will get on his belly and scoot around with him. Brayden is already in awe of his big brother and I am so smitten with their blooming brotherly bond. Those two I can already tell are going to get into so much trouble together, and at the same time do such great things together. My little Batman finally got his side kick Robin, and together they will become the greatest team ever. I am so glad they have each other.





Oh T-ball. I have a love and hate relationship with T-ball practices. Since the weather has been unusually cold and rainy this year, all the practices have been moved indoors (thank heavens!) Connor still thinks he is part of the team, and the coaches are nice enough to let him participate in the different drills. The only problem is Connor is still young and doesn't understand the concept of taking turns. He thinks it is his turn to hit the ball off the T every time. That's usually when he starts to melt down and have a tantrum. The entire practice I am basically having to hold him back till it is FINALLY his turn to bat, or catch the ball. It is exhausting chasing after a two year old, while carrying a baby on your back, and trying to assist the child that is actually on the team trying to learn. Not to mention I am the only parent there who's partner isn't at practice since he is gone, AND I have the most children out of anyone else on the team. So just call me the crazy kid lady as I run all up and down with my three kids the entire practice. I am too old and tired for this, is T-ball over yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment