At the kid's Japanese Gakuen school in Mesa they celebrate sports day in November (because it's too bloody hot to do it in the summer). I love that they do their best to give the kids the same cultural experiences of races, singing, dancing, and celebrating like a normal sports day back in Japan. It's moments and experienced like this that make me miss Japan so much. The culture and opportunities we got to experience. As much as I think we tried to take advantage of I all while we lived over there, I still feel like we could have soaked up so much more during our time there. I will forever miss Japan, but am grateful for the little experiences we still get to have here back in America to help us retain our Japanese connections.
My baby sister is getting married!!! I cannot believe the last Macdonald kid is getting married off next month. I decided to fly up to Provo to surprise Katie and attend her bridal shower that her roommates were throwing for her. We ended up having a fun weekend where I helped Katie get ready for her bridal pictures, pick out her wedding shoes, makeup, and even squeeze some time in for my brother Dougie. One thing for sure is that family comes first! I always love the moments when we get together and am so excited for the big wedding come December.
Abby's soccer season came to an end. She loved playing on the sparkle unicorns team. She may not be the best player, or very coordinated in that matter, but darn it she gave it her all and loved every minute of it. You go, Abby!
And just like that my baby Brayden isn't really a baby anymore. He just turned 2 on November 17th and I am a little in denial that he will be a big brother here in just a few short months. He still loves his binkie, and is a bull in a china shop to say the least, but we love him just the same. Our cute little "Chubs" is our comic relief in life, that's for sure. Happy birthday to my forever baby boy.
This year for Thanksgiving we celebrated with just our little family at home. It was nice, simple, and relaxing. I even got to go out and do some black Friday shopping which I missed desperately while we lived in Japan. That part wasn't very relaxing... it was crazy-ville! I don't remember it ever being that out of control, but lines were wrapped around buildings, people pushing, shoving, it was a circus! I was little overwhelmed so I decided to come back home and head out again at 5:00 in the morning the next day hoping the crowds had died down (they did, and it was actually really nice to have the stores practically to myself in the early hours of the morning doing all my Christmas shopping). Note to see, and a tip for all those interested, wait to do the Christmas sale shopping for the following morning, it will be a much more pleasant experience.
These two have been getting closer and closer as of late, and my momma heart could burst. I have such big hopes of them becoming best friends in the future. I am sure that because I am saying this just watch that they turn into mortal enemies and end up having completely different personalities, where they have sworn to kill each other (and me) during their teenage years...wouldn't that be my luck ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment