Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sakura

It's been another busy week. Kyle has been flying twice each day which means we never get to see him, so we are excited for next week when we get a little vacation all together. Since he hasn't been around much lately the kids just latch to him every time he walks in the door. They ask everyday, all day where "babbo" is, and run to him when they see him. It's tender so see them run to their dad, but in reality it's actually sad. They don't know when they will see their dad next so they get clingy and irrational sometimes around him. Thank goodness Kyle is patient and loving towards them, even when they both hang off of him like monkeys till bedtime.

And so the curse of the Else dress continues. Everyday Abby asks to wear it. I have been using it as a bribe for her and let her wear it AFTER school and ONLY if her Sensei says she was a good girl. Seems to be working so far. The difficult part is getting her out of the dress and into Jammies at night time.
I went to Abby's open house at school and got to see what they do in an average day. She sure does love playing with her friends and singing their songs. All the parents shared a little about themselves and their children with the other parents. It was difficult since there are only three English speaking Americans in the class. Luckily the teachers/sensei know a little English to somewhat translate to the other parents. The funny part is when they asked me what type of food Abby likes. I told them that she loves Japanese food. All of a sudden both senseis started laughing and said yes she does! In fact Abby love Japanese food so much she finishes her lunch and then tries to eat the other kids food. We all got a good kick out of it and laughed. I had know idea she loved Japanese food THAT much.



It was Abby's last dance class with Ms Gigi. She has loved going to dance and I think Ms Gigi had been a big part of that. She has also been a great friend to me and has helped me get things situated for when I take over the dance classes. We are going to miss her but I know they will have a wonderful time in Guam. As a parent, I am grateful for the patience Gigi has shown towards Abby. Her attitude and consistence have helped Abby not only love dance, but help her obey and become more disciplined.
It was time for Connor to get a "big boy haircut." I have been trimming his hair up till this point, but let's face it, I have no idea what I am doing. So we walked to the north base barber shop and decided to go with the faux hawk, just to change things around. He was a little scared of the trimmers, but thanks to Elmo that I kept showing him on my phone, he made it through the hair cut with ease. It's almost as if he went from a baby boy to a little boy. He is getting too big, stop growing Connor!

Cherry blossoms (Sakura) are in full bloom!!! It's my favorite time of the year. The Japanese cherry blossoms are as amazing as you think they are. The only down side is we leave in a couple days for Tokyo where the cherry blossoms have already come and gone. So we only get to enjoy them a little this year. 

The kids love to walk under the trees and have the petals fall on them in the breeze.  Spring time in Japan truly is a magical time.

No comments:

Post a Comment