It's my favorite time of year, but also what seems like the busiest time of year: Easter. We started this week's festivities by dying eggs. This is probably Abby's favorite Easter tradition of all time. This year I let her pick which color the eggs should be and let her mix some colors as well. As you can imagine, some didn't turn out to be very pretty, but it's the memories that count.
Lately Abby thinks she is too old for naps. It turns into a battle that usually just results with her crying in her room for 30 plus minutes till I let her come out. Since she will be starting Daiichi (uniform/school portion) in a couple weeks, meaning she will go to preschool from 9-2, so she will not be taking naps anyways. So I have caved in and decided to let her skip her naps to help her adjust. For the most part she does ok (except for the witching hour right around 5:00 when she is as crabby as can be) but every now and then I will find her passed out on the couch. When that happens I try to take advantage of the cuddles I can get from my baby girl before she grows up too fast. I am going to miss her so much when she starts school up again in April.
The rest of the week was filled with mutual (sewing project with the young women), dress rehearsal for Abby and my student's dance recital, groceries, last minute errands, signing Abby up for Tball, making dental and doctor appointments, etc., etc. Finally Saturday rolled around, the climax to the whole week.
I volunteered to help put on our squadron's Easter brunch and egg hunt. That took place in the morning at rocket park. Almost everyone in the squadron with families showed up to the event. Each kid brought 13 eggs (of course 13 eggs to the 13th squadron Easter celebration...CP) and some of the guys hid them while we all socialized, ate the potluck food, and watched the kids play. Then it was time for the Easter egg hunt. This was Connor's first egg hunt and he had no idea what was going on. Once we showed him what to do he turned into an egg finding monster. I mean the focus on that kid till every last egg was found was intense. Meanwhile Abby just ran around following her friends, we had to remind her to actually look for eggs from time to time. And there you have it, Connor is our driven and determined child, while Abby is more of a social butterfly. They both had fun and I just loved Abby shake all her eggs to make sure something was inside Hahaha.
After the brunch it was time for Abby's recital. Since some of my students were performing as well I was needed as help backstage and actually was the stage manager. It was nice to be in the action so now I know how to run my recital next year when I take over the majority of the classes here at Misawa. Thank goodness for Gigi's help and example. She has been a wonderful teacher and friend trying to get me all situated with taking over her dance classes as she will be PCSing to Guam in Two months. Luckily she has paved the way so I don't have to go about everything blindly... And with a language barrier it can get tricky organizing things over here!
My students did great, and so did my little Abby. I just loved watching her dance from the wings. She of course had no idea what she was doing, but she was having fun. I hope this is only the first to many dance recitals in her future.
Kyle was able to film her recital, and afterwards he and Connor greeted Abby with big hugs. He then took his little performer to get flowers and ice cream as I stayed to assist with the second recital showcase. Finally the day was over, and we could relax a bit and get excited for Easter. I get a break from planning squadron events, and a break from teaching ballet... For a little while.
The Easter bunny came to our house, or should I say the Easter bunny had a lot of fun setting up at our house :). Since Abby loves everything Disney princess, I found these wooden peg princess dolls that I knew she would just love, and Connor got a basketball hoop since he is obsessed with balls. They also got their traditional Easter Sunday outfits, and some more fun stuff to fill their baskets.
The kids were so overwhelmed in the morning when they came down to see what they got. Between gifts, and eggs hidden around the room they were bouncin all over the place with excitement.
I love Easter so much cause it represents spring, the end of winter, and of course our Savior. The pastel colors, lilies, and eggs just make me think of fresh and new life. How grateful I am to my Savior and his atoning sacrifice. I know he atoned for my sins and died for me, but the greatest miracle if all is that he rose again! He is risen, and because of him I too shall live again. My favorite hymn is "I know That my Redeemer Lives." The 4th verse has always stood out to me to be so profound:
"He lives! All glory to his name! He lives, my Savior, still the same. Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: I know that my Redeemer lives!"




















No comments:
Post a Comment