Sunday, May 29, 2016

Tutu

I feel like every time we return from a trip we need a vacation from our vacation. We were so busy touring Japan with the Benhams that we were constantly on the go. Now, being home again, we have hit the ground running into full speed playing catch up on all or responsibilities.

Sandy turned 4! She is our Cinco de Mayo pup and we love her so much. Can't believe we got her 4 years ago. She is the sweetest and puts up with our two crazy kids. She is so loyal and keeps me company especially when Kyle is gone. We love you Sandy, thanks for being the best family dog.
Abby and Connor love doing everything together these days. They have to have their juice together, jump on the trampoline together, sit on their bean bags and watch a movie together. It's really cute... till one pushes the others buttons and it switches from sweet love into a blood bath. I am just so happy they are playing together and entertaining each other more (that means more free time for momma!) I just have to put out fires every now and then between the two.

Connor loves it when we get to pick up Abby from school. The other day on the way home I found the two of them laughing and holding hands in the car. It was enough to melt this momma's heart. As much as these two toddlers drive me crazy, they are my whole world and I love them so so so much! Especially when they are being sweet to each other.

The weather has been gorgeous! So naturally we have spent most of our time outside. Here in Misawa the weather is so unpredictable that when the sun comes out, you go out and enjoy it! It could be warm and sunny one day, then snowing the next... Literally! I thought Utah weather was bipolar when we lived there, but nothing compares to Misawa weather. 


Our youth fundraiser for our Ward happened to be this weekend. Since I am in young women's I have been running around like a mad lady making sure things would fall into place. It was a dessert auction, and all the young women brought beautiful, delicious desserts. The only thing that didn't go as planned were the decorations. I made cute banners to hang on the wall of all the young women's values, but I did not anticipate the church walls would be tape resistant. So basically they wouldn't hold up so we decided to just bag it. Turns out the deserts were so beautiful we didn't even need any extra decoration. I had to leave early for a squadron activity the same night, but I heard it was a success.
We had another squadron spouse naming night. I always enjoy naming nights, especially now that I'm not being named and can sit back and enjoy others sweating it... Or so I thought. I actually got renamed this time! My name used to be "Nutcracker" but let's face it, that's not the best name, and it's super long (I don't even think it would fit on a patch lol). The ladies were so sweet and decided to rename me something I would enjoy a little better, and could get a good laugh out of. So now my name is "tutu" which stands for trouble understanding train usage. It's a joke for that one time I attempted to take the trains down to Yokota to catch a hop to Guam, but ended up taking a train to Aomori because I was flustered and wasn't reading the signs. I can laugh about it now, but I remember when it happened I was so upset and crying, especially when the kids and I were stuck at a bus like train stop for 2 hours waiting for the correct train while sitting in the snow. Luckily it all worked out cause we made it to Guam, but boy, do I have a story about how I got there hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment