Friday, August 12, 2016

4/5 Macs are hitched!

We made it back to the states just in time for Doug and Taylor's wedding. After arriving to St. George, Utah with the kids late Thursday night, I woke up early the next day to drive 4 hours north to Salt lake area for the wedding festivities to start. Thankfully Brady and Kaye were willing to watch my munchkins over the weekend cause two toddlers that are sleep deprived + off their schedule + 15 hours ahead in time zone/jet lagged + being cooped up in a terminal and a 10 hour plane ride the past week=nightmare on steroids! 

The whole drive up I kept singing the song "chose the right" to ensure I stayed on the right side of the road. That song has a whole new meaning to me after living and driving in Japan. I actually think driving on the left side in Japan is a lot easier than driving on the right like back in the states. Besides that it was nice to get some alone time to process what just happened the past week and to get excited about my brother's wedding.

Friday night was the wedding dinner at the Joseph Smith building on Temple square. It was a nice small dinner of just close family and friends of the bride and groom. I finally got to meet my soon to be newest sister, Taylor for the first time and see my family as well. Last time I saw everyone was at James and Amanda's wedding this past October. 

The wedding day had arrived and thankfully my dress fit. Taylor had chosen different shades of light pink and gold for her wedding and wanted us bridesmaids in whatever dress we wanted that went along that theme. Well, there really isn't a whole lot of options when it comes to light pink dresses that fit a 5'9" pregnant lady in Japan, so I ordered online hoping it would fit and make it in time for the wedding. Luckily it did fit, was super comfy, and the color was perfect. Score!

As I sat in the sealing room of the Salt Lake City Temple waiting for the bride and groom to enter and get sealed for time and all eternity, I was flooded with mixed emotions. I was so sad that my husband, Kyle, wasn't there to enjoy this wonderful experience with us and have really been missing him these past two months. For some reason this TDY has been the hardest one yet for me, even though it hasn't been his longest one. I was also really missing my best friend and sister, Katie. She is still serving her full time mission in Chile and truly is doing amazing. She is such a light and example to me. As much as I missed both of them I was so happy to be able to look around and see the rest of my family there. 4/5 Macdonald kids were present at the wedding and 4/5 have been married in the temple. I am grateful for the many blessings the temple brings, and I can't wait to witness Katie get married in the Temple when that time comes along... Last of the Mac 5 to get hitched!




The reception was held at a friend of the bride's place, and was mainly in the backyard. It was really beautifully decorated. They even had a pond with koi fish that made me miss home in Japan. Lots of food, fun, and laughter filled the evening. I realized how old I REALLY am as I stood next to the other bridesmaids for pictures and what not. They were all young and just starting college life, meanwhile I am a mom, wife, and have been graduated from college for many years now. My large baby bump photobombed all the pictures as these other young cute bridesmaids struck a pose for the pictures. I just tried to hide my tired swollen pregnant feet that I shoved in heels for the day. Oh to be young, skinny, and full of energy and life. I just looked old, fat, tired, and huge next to them all. I was just giving them all a preview of what they will look like in 7 years hahaha.


As crazy as it was getting back in time for the wedding, I am so glad that I was able to make it. I will do just about anything for my family, including traveling 10 hours by myself with two toddlers across the world. It's moments like this that truly make memories and make it all worth it... That and delicious American food, and glorious shopping. It's good to be back America! 

No comments:

Post a Comment