It's official, we love St. George! Even though it was in the hundreds all week long I just loved the dry heat! FINALLY I felt as though I was getting a summer after being in wet, rainy Misawa. I also feel as though there is a lot to do with little kids there.
We explored the children's museum with grandma Kaye, and of course the kids loved it. The museum has different genre rooms that the kids can play and explore in. Some favorite stops were the grocery store room, airplane room, and of course the theatre room. Abby did not hesitate to jump on the stage and start dancing. Connor, as usual, followed his big sister and copied everything she did, that is until his OCD got the better of him. He couldn't handle the grocery carts just shoved in a corner. He just loved lining up them up in every way imaginable.
Honestly we have been such slugs and lazy bums at grandma and grandpa's. I think I am still trying to recuperate and forget about our horrible space A experience and therefore have resorted to sleeping in, lounging around the house, and napping when the kids nap. I tried to take the kids out of the house at least once a day to help burn off their energy and to give the Benhams some sanity. Abby and Connor are not quiet, and words like calm, relax, peaceful do not exist in their vocabulary. They are little balls of energy that are just so excited to spend time with family that they run and jump around all over the place and follow poor grandma, grandpa, and Bethany (Bepy) everywhere. They are little shadows and want to know what everyone is up to at all times. My suggestion is if you need to use the restroom to run away from the kids as fast as possible and lock the door. If not, you will have little hands in the bathroom with you trying to assist with wiping, flushing, and even finishing out your royal duties on the porcelain throne.
So I decided to put them in swim classes to help burn off the energy. Each kid gets a private swim lesson for 15 minutes, and they both love it. I like it cause the lady who teaches them is just up the street so it's easy and convenient. Connor is much more daring and braver than Abby. We are still working on getting Abby to put her eyes under the water. We have some practicing to do on our own in the Benham pool.
Other activities we enjoyed doing were painting, jumping on the trampoline, and of course, eating! We did not hesitate upon our arrival to the states to get Cafe Rio, Chick-fil-a, Chipotle, frost top, and lots of other delicious American fatty food! I fully anticipate gaining an extra 10 pounds this pregnancy just from this trip.
I decided to take the kids to the Saint George LDS temple for a picnic one day. I was surprised at how quiet and peaceful the kids were... Must have been the presence of the beautiful temple. The Saint George temple is one of my favorites because 1) it's the oldest standing LDS temple on the earth, and 2) it's bright white exterior appearance against the red rock background truly is breath taking. Each temple has it's own beauty, but the Saint George temple combines my love for history and nature.















No comments:
Post a Comment