A new year already? I feel as though 2016 was the longest and shortest year at the same time. Long because I was pregnant for most of it, and heaven knows I am glad I am not pregnant anymore! But it also went by fast as I fondly look back and think of all our wonderful memories such as going to Guam, visiting the states for Doug's wedding, touring southern Japan with the Benhams, Abby starting school at Daiichi, me starting to teach ballet again, Kyle completing the flight lead upgrade, and of course welcoming Brayden into our family. We have much to be grateful for this past year, and much to look forward to this next year.
Like always, I have set up some new years resolutions. I am wanting to live a more balanced life, meaning improving my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well being. For my physical goals I hope to loose all the baby weight by May, and get back into running. In order to accomplish this I plan to attend the gym at 5:00 in the morning to kick start my day and make sure I get it done without any excuses. For improving my mental health I am wanting to finish the Japanese rosetta stone program and continue to learn the Japanese language. On top of that this year is my CEU year where I have to take online classes to maintain my Athletic training certification. There is always room for learning! Emotionally I plan to allow myself more "me" time. I have always felt guilty spending time on myself or doing things for myself cause I know that I should be doing things for my family. Because of this though I have been pretty lonely and depressed these past couple months. I am going to make it more of a priority to grab lunch with friends and attend social events. It is ok to get a babysitter once and a while for my kids so I can get that social/emotional uplift which helps me be a better wife and mother overall. For my spiritual goals I plan to read the Book of Mormon again this year as well as the Doctrine and Covenants. I want to listen to a conference talk every morning, and instill a good habit of morning and evening family prayer as well as daily family scripture study. I finally got a copy of the illustrated Book of Mormon for my children. It will definately take us ALL YEAR for sure to finish the book with my kids short attention spans, but I hope they develop a love for the scriptures and see how important and vital they are in our lives.
Brayden is still growing like a weed. I can't believe he will be two months old this month. My dear friend Rachel made him the most adorable Dwight the deer quilt. I am seriously in love with the quilt, and all the Elizabeth Hartman forrest animal quilts. That quilt will get much love in the years to come I am sure of it! Besides that I am just trying to keep him warm as he seems to be my car buddy as we drive Abby and Connor to and from their activities. It is so cold and windy here that as soon as a cold breeze hits poor Brayden he immediately wakes up in a shocked and surprised state. I don't blame him. Winter + babies and little kids = three times the work for momma. There are always hats, gloves, boots, jackets, and blankets that are required wherever we go. Can we just move back to Arizona please?
Since Abby is still on winter break from school we have been enjoying our time with her home during the day. Connor is going to have a hard time when she goes back to school cause he just loves his big sister so much. He is her little shadow. Abby want to play dress up, so does Connor. Abby is hungry for lunch and magically Connor is too. They sure are a cute little pair when they are nice and play together. As much as I love having all my babies home with me, I am ready for their school to start back up again. It is really hard for me to get things done around the house or to run errands with them constantly wanting my attention. Not to mention that it is freezing (can you tell I am not liking this cold Misawa winter?) which makes us trapped inside and therefore our activities are limited since I try to limit their screen time as much as possible. I am over winter... is it springtime yet?
Abby is officially in Primary now at church. She is in the sunbeam class, and a sunbeam she certainly is! She was so excited to go to primary with all the "big kids" and to sing songs. I am in denial that I have a child old enough to be in primary. Even though I still have a newborn, I am slowly starting to see my life shift from being a mom to little babies, to a mom of young, active kids. Abby and even Connor are getting involved with more and more activities. Move over diapers and drool, I'm turning into a "soccer mom" and loving every second of it. It is such a fun stage to be in, watching your kids try different things for the first time and getting involved. Luckily I still have Brayden to remind me how wonderful baby snuggles are as our young family continues to grow up.




No comments:
Post a Comment