How is my baby a month old already? At times I wish time would slow down, but in the same time I long for the day when all my kids can feed themselves, dress themselves, and go to the bathroom without any assistance. For the time being I will cherish the baby snuggles and constant smell of Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. Brayden is really starting to put on some weight. We like to call him "Chubs" cause his thighs and double chin give all explanation. He is constantly eating, and likes to arch his back. He is one of those rare babies that actually enjoys tummy time cause he gets to arch his back and look at the world around him. His sleep schedule is getting better and better. I can see the beginnings of a schedule forming with him in the fact that he seems to take three naps a day around the same time everyday. Needless to say we are all still smitten with him, and Abby and Connor still love him tons.
I got to watch the end of Abby's dance class since it was their last class before winter break. Lets just say she is a free spirit cause she didn't really listen to the teacher but rather likes to look at herself in the mirror while she does her own interpretive dance moves. I don't know if ballet is in her future, maybe it will be more along the lines of contemporary and jazz. All I know is she loves to dance and I love that she loves it! Abby also went to to the local shrine for a field trip a couple weeks back and we just received the class picture of the event. We couldn't help but laugh as all the kids are staring with not a smile in sight. Our mama san, Yoko san, told us that is a traditional Japanese picture and the children were most likely told not to smile. Even if that is the case, it still provides for a pretty hysterical picture. Not only does Abby have a frown on her face, but she is the only white girl, and is wwwaaaayyyy taller than the rest of her peers. She sure is having quite the cultural experience going to a Japanese school. I am actually jealous of all the traveling and life opportunities Abby and all my kids are having and will have! I guess that's one perk of being a military brat.
We had our squadron Christmas party this week. I always enjoy going to the Christmas party cause it's kid free (well, we had a third wheel this year) and it's just a fun night filled with food, friends, and fun. I had been worried about what I would wear to this event for a while now since it is semi formal and I should have only been two weeks postpartum (thanks for coming early Brayden to give me some extra time to slim down). So this summer when I was back visiting family I rummaged through my sister's clothes who is on her mission. I know this sounds horrible to go through a siblings things, especially while they are being selfless and serving a mission, but it's a Macdonald tradition hahaha. All my brothers raided each others closets when the other ones were on their missions and took clothes that they liked. Lets just say it's almost like a right of passage. It was finally my turn to be able to rummage through my sister's stuff. I am glad I did cause I found this adorable black sequence dress that might of found it's way into my suitcase and back home with me to Misawa. When it came time for the big party the dress fit perfectly! Thank you Katie for serving the Lord and the people of Chile on a mission so I could reap the rewards of going through your closet. I may return it to you if you are lucky :)
We had a great time, and it was just what I needed after feeling trapped in my home for the past month with a newborn. Brayden is finally old enough for us to start venturing out of the house and caring about our normal daily activities without worry that he will get sick. It was a great chance to mingle with friends, and celebrate my favorite time of the year.











No comments:
Post a Comment