Friday, February 24, 2017

so much snow!

Well it's official, this is the worst winter we have experienced here in Misawa so far. By the 3rd of February we had received 28 inches of snow. Kyle is in "Kyle la la land" every morning and evening as he breaks out his snowblower and decided to snowplow the entire street practically. It's like his new favorite toy, I just think he is crazy to volunteer to be outside longer than necessary in these freezing temps. I am glad he is finally getting good use out of it though as we have not really needed it these past two years. 

We are all back to the grind I guess you could say. I am back teaching ballet, our Tokyo get away is over, and the Benham's visit has come and gone. Now the next thing we have to look forward to is our China trip come April. I am so excited for this trip. China has been a bucket list destination for myself for years! Kyle is already giving me a hard time because I tend to get emotional when I see historical landmarks, or events. When we went to Italy back in 2011 I may have cried when I saw the Colosseum. Kyle was so embarrassed but I couldn't help myself. I was there, in Italy, inside the Colosseum, touching its walls! I am a bit of a history nerd, so I am going to do my best to keep my composure when I see the great wall of China or else I will have to endure the life long teasing of Kyle if he sees one tear from me.

Meanwhile I am just praying this winter passes quickly. It seems to be dragging on forever. At least I have baby snuggles to keep me warm and entertained. Brayden is finally taking to a liking of his pacifier. Abby liked hers, but Connor would never take to one. So we were pretty sure Brayden was a 50/50 chance. Luckily he swayed to the good side and is a binkie lover, hooray! It's been a nice mute button and soothing tool for him. His stork bite on his forehead is starting to fade as well. It used to be purple, then a deep red. Now it's just a faint pink. He is my only baby that had this mark and will forever be his trademark I guess you could say. There are so many things I want to remember of him as a little baby before my time is runs out and he grows even more. He is growing so quickly that all his little newborn looks and actions are fading away. As sad as it is to see my baby get bigger and bigger, it is also exciting to see him enter a new stage. He is smiling, starting to hold his own head and cooing. We have quite the conversations in the car just the two of us, him cooing away and me pretending to understand what he is saying. I love my little chubs!






I got to go to Abby's open house at her school. Daiichi provides an open house to the parents at the beginning of every trimester. This is Abby's last trimester of this school year as Japanese schools are year round with the starting day in the beginning of April. I can't believe she has already finished a year of school. Her Japanese is really starting to take off and she sings cute little Japanese songs everyday in the car after I pick her up from school. She is friends with all the kids in her class, and the teachers tell me that she is kind of the "ring leader" and "boss" as she likes to tell the other kids who plays with what toy, etc. Apparently they all obey Abby and so she thinks she is the Queen Bee. I just think the other kids find her fascinating because she is the only causation in their class. It is like the Sesame Street song, "one of these things is not like the other." Everyone knows that she stands out, except Abby. I honestly think that she thinks she is Japanese! At the open house I loved watching her speak Japanese and play with the other kids, eat the Japanese lunch, and behave and act as the other kids do. In America if the teacher wants the kids attention the students will sit criss cross with their hand in their laps. Here in Japan the teacher will give a command or instruction and all the kids will squat with their elbows on their knees and their chins supported in there hands. all the kids do it including Abby. She doesn't know any better, and I just love it! She is the most inclusive and accepting little girl I know. I hope we can keep up on some of the Japanese culture and traditions even after we leave Japan. The Japanese people are so structured and discipline, and they execute such behavior at a young age thanks to the school system. 


No comments:

Post a Comment