Sunday, December 3, 2017

Happy Birthday, Connor!

I am having a hard time believing my little Connor is 3! When we first moved out here he was only 4 months old. Watching him grow over here has been such a delight. This boy is all boy and loves cars, the color red, and sports, so when we found out that the morning of his birthday there was going to be a parade to end fire prevention week on base, we couldn't believe how perfect the timing was. The fire station was going around through the housing neighborhoods passing out candy for all the kids.  Connor LOVES firetrucks, and since I decided not to do birthday parties for the kids this year, we decided to call this it for his "party." He didn't know better, and thought the trucks all came out just for him! Thanks for making this birthday boy's dreams come true Misawa Air Base fire station. 

All the neighborhood kids went outside to the curb to wave on the firemen and their shiny red fire trucks as they came down the street waving, giving high fives, throwing candy, and turning on their lights and sirens. It was quite the hit, and Connor couldn't stop talking about it for the remainder of the day. 

That night we had some friends over for taco night and we let Connor open his presents, and brought out the big surprise...his Tomas the choo choo train birthday cake! Since we got an elaborate cake while in Korea this year for Abby, I thought we should do the same for Connor. So I ordered this cake at the Commissary that came with a toy train on it, his name, and all sorts of fun birthday things to make it super special. The look on his face was priceless as we brought out the cake with candles all lit up while singing happy birthday just for him. 

Oh my sweet Connor, how I love you so much! I know it can be tough sometimes being the middle child, but you are the best little and big brother there ever was! I want to always remember how big and beautiful your blue eyes are with the cutest, tiniest little freckles that kiss the bridge of your nose.  You are by far my most determined and structured child. You have to do things a certain way, and are not so flexible when it comes to schedules, but whenever you have a meltdown out of your frustrations, you always make up for it with the best snuggles. You love to run and want to be just like Babbo, and you have his same skinny build as well. You absolutely love your brother and sister, and are trying to grow up too fast by always wanting to play with the big kids. I hope you always stay kind and innocent. You bring me so much joy and I love you my little Boo Boo.









No comments:

Post a Comment