Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Family pictures 2017

Every year I make my family endure family pictures. Kyle and I have an agreement that he will smile and take pictures with the family once, and only once a year and that he needs to have plenty of notice so he can mentally prepare himself for the exhausting ordeal. This year proved to be just as exhausting as you think a photoshoot would be with three small kids. Luckily our good friend, Emma Garcia, who is also the kids babysitter on Thursdays while I teach ballet, took the pictures. She has her own photography business on the side and is great with kids and behind the lens. 

Between my kids not looking at the camera, to picking their noses, and trying to throw "peace signs" with their fingers into every last picture, it was a long ordeal, but I am grateful for the results. I just love my little family, the craziness and all, and these pictures completely capture us in the here and now. I think family pictures are so important, they are part of our family history that we get to pass on. And this momma loves to look at all the  pictures of her cute kiddos throughout the year!
























So after I booked our family picture sessions, some spots opened up with another photographer to take pictures with the F-16 jet. I know Kyle and I have an agreement to do family pictures only ONCE a year, but I couldn't pass up on this opportunity. Besides, who knows, maybe this will be our last chance to get pictures with the Viper as we are really hoping our next assignment is to transition over to the new F-35s. So I thought it be best if I just didn't tell him and wait till the day of. And that's just what I did. I got some very grumpy looks from him, but he was a good sport that went along with our SECOND family photo shoot of the year...I think my only saving grace was that the pictures involved his jet ;)

The family jet pictures turned out great as well, and we are so grateful to have these awesome keepsakes! Maybe I can convince Kyle we need two family photo shoots a year from here on out, hahaha.










No comments:

Post a Comment