Tuesday, December 28, 2021

August 2019



Back to school for these two cuties. Abby is off to first grade and Connor is at a new school called Crown school where he is technically in Kindergarten but we are just using it for his preschool year. They have a late cut off date for birthdays, but we still plan on having him do Kindergarten again next year so he is emotionally ready. Here's to hoping this program helps him get ready for school instead of makes him drown in it. I am not too worried since Connor is such a smart kid, I think he is going to rock it! Abby's teacher is Mrs. Cargill at Mabel Padget Elementary and I have heard she is the sweetest, most loving, grandma figure teacher. I am so excited for her and what this year will bring. 



That just leaves me at home with Brayden and Layla. Brayden has been loving all the extra attention, especially if that means he gets the pool all to himself. He is getting pretty good with swimming as well, but still is cautious and stays on the shallow shelf area within the pool (I am grateful for that).

Im a sucker for matching with my kiddos, so when I stumbled upon Kyle's old outfit when he was a little boy I couldn't help but just deck out the entire family. We had a very RED Sunday, and I might be biased but they all looked so stinkin' cute! Brayden in that little beret hat just about killed me. He is such a handful right now, but boy is he cute to make up for it.


I am grateful to be married to someone who is always picking up my slack. When I am exhausted at the end of the day Kyle always comes home and magically turns into "fun/energetic dad" for the kids. It gives me a break and gives them the attention they desperately need. He even had the kids all write me letters of love with flowers one day to lift my spirits. This whole mom to 4 kids thing is really tricky. I often feel inadequate, constantly struggling to make it through the day with 4 little people all depending on me for everything. It's exhausting but I keep holding on to the fact that "this too shall pass" and one day it will get easier. 

Layla continues to wow us and be an amazing sleeper. She loves this pink wrap, but always manages to wiggle her hands out so she can suck her right thumb. We are loving our last baby so much, and it probably has to do with the fact that we are actually not sleep deprived for once.


In my attempts to help Abby become more limber we now have entire family stretching nights. I know, I know, I can be a little extreme, but I also realize if she is ever going to be a dancer she has to have great feet and flexibility. So we all stretch to make it more fun while secretly I am pushing my agenda of a limber prodigy dance star on Abby. Hey, a momma can dream right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment