It is time...time to potty tain yet another kid. I have been pushing this off for months now, but can't any longer. Here we go, heaven help us on this endeavor cause man does it try my patience.
Happy Fourth of July. We didn't do much to celebrate our country's independence, but stayed home, grilled, and had Layla's baby blessing. It is bitter sweet seeing my last baby get blessed by Kyle. Brady and Kaye were able to come into town for the blessing as well, so we were grateful to have family there to celebrate our cute little babe.
Kyle gave Layla a sweet blessing and she looked adorable in the same baby blessing dress Abby and myself were blessed in. I got Layla her own bonnet and the tiny little bracelet was the perfect little accessory for my little girl. I am so happy I have another daughter. Two boys and two girls, I am one blessed momma.
We celebrated Kyle's birthday a little late this year and decided to do so over the fourth of July weekend when his parents were in town. He said his favorite gift was the 10 taco platter holder I got him so he could make ten tacos to eat on taco nights. That boy sure can put away tacos like no other!
Our good friends, the Christensens, that are in our squadron and ward are moving. We went to his fini flight and said our goodbyes. It never gets easier saying goodbye to fellow friends and military families in this community we are a part of. I am grateful for social media and technology to stay in contact with friends, even if they move all the way to Alaska!
Summer nights mean staying up late and roasting marshmallows. Perhaps the biggest pyro of all our kids is Brayden. That kid would jump in the flames if we let him. For now he has to sit on Kyle's lap and roast marshmallows so we can keep a close eye on him.
We made a quick trip up to St. George to see Carly and Gary and all the cousins. They came into town form Florida so we drove up for a weekend with them and all the kids were in heaven. It is fun to see all the cousins together. I am always amazed at how many kids we all have, hahaha.
Swim team came to an end and I couldn't be more proud of Abby and Connor. They worked so hard and did really well. I can confidently say they are expert swimmers and not only know how to swim, but also can do several strokes fairly well.
I recently got hired as a ballet teacher at a new studio called Take Five Dance Academy. I am excited for this new opportunity, and am excited to be teaching older dancers again. Because I am now a new teacher/employee the owner of the studio invited us to her 5th birthday party. Being new I felt like I needed to go. Here is the catch...it was 80's prom theme. I was excited to dress up, but Kyle not so much. We ended up having a fun night and I got to meet all the other staff members at the studio while I was there and am even more excited to be part of an outstanding program.
Summer is winding down and before we know it August will be here which means school is back in session. We are trying to squeeze in as much playdates with friends, pool time, and of course snuggles and late nights together as a family before we get strict with bedtimes again.
We celebrated Kyle's birthday a little late this year and decided to do so over the fourth of July weekend when his parents were in town. He said his favorite gift was the 10 taco platter holder I got him so he could make ten tacos to eat on taco nights. That boy sure can put away tacos like no other!
Our good friends, the Christensens, that are in our squadron and ward are moving. We went to his fini flight and said our goodbyes. It never gets easier saying goodbye to fellow friends and military families in this community we are a part of. I am grateful for social media and technology to stay in contact with friends, even if they move all the way to Alaska!
Summer nights mean staying up late and roasting marshmallows. Perhaps the biggest pyro of all our kids is Brayden. That kid would jump in the flames if we let him. For now he has to sit on Kyle's lap and roast marshmallows so we can keep a close eye on him.
We made a quick trip up to St. George to see Carly and Gary and all the cousins. They came into town form Florida so we drove up for a weekend with them and all the kids were in heaven. It is fun to see all the cousins together. I am always amazed at how many kids we all have, hahaha.
Swim team came to an end and I couldn't be more proud of Abby and Connor. They worked so hard and did really well. I can confidently say they are expert swimmers and not only know how to swim, but also can do several strokes fairly well.
I recently got hired as a ballet teacher at a new studio called Take Five Dance Academy. I am excited for this new opportunity, and am excited to be teaching older dancers again. Because I am now a new teacher/employee the owner of the studio invited us to her 5th birthday party. Being new I felt like I needed to go. Here is the catch...it was 80's prom theme. I was excited to dress up, but Kyle not so much. We ended up having a fun night and I got to meet all the other staff members at the studio while I was there and am even more excited to be part of an outstanding program.
Summer is winding down and before we know it August will be here which means school is back in session. We are trying to squeeze in as much playdates with friends, pool time, and of course snuggles and late nights together as a family before we get strict with bedtimes again.






No comments:
Post a Comment