Monday, September 6, 2021

March 2019

March, the longest month of the year (or so it seems). We celebrated Hinamatsuri which is a Japanese holiday celebrating the girls in your life. This is one of the many holidays and traditions we have adopted from our Japan living days. I also got to go on a girls trip with all the Benham girls. We met up in Las Vegas for a weekend...kid free!


Everything from the hotel to the food to the company was outstanding. Kaye was generous to take care of our lodging and entertainment tickets (aka the shows and concerts), so it became an inexpensive trip for us "girls." It's my last hoorah before baby girl comes so you better believe I lived it up... maybe not so much "Vegas style," but still crazy enough for me ;) 


We watched the Terry Fator ventriloquist show on our first night and Lindsey was successful at sneaking in a 2 month old baby who was so perfect and didn't make a peep the entire time (thanks little Emily). We also gorged ourselves in some yummy desserts, chocolate from the M&M store, cheese cake from the Cheese Cake Factory, and snacks, snacks, snacks. The best "treat" was hands down going to the Celine Dion concert. It's her final couple months with her Vegas residency and watching Celine Dion live fulfilled all of teenage Jenny's dreams. I absolutely loved watching and listening to her, bringing back the good old 90's vibes and making me wish I was 16 years old again while singing along to "my heart will go on." Definitely a night I will remember, and I am surprised I didn't have any premature labor pains with how enthusiastic I was that night singing along with the Diva herself. 










Once the girls trip ended the kids and I spent the next week in St. George for Sprinbreak while Kyle attended red flag training at Nellis AFB in Vegas. We loved all the cousin time, especially meeting baby Emily, and the kids were spoiled with the usual Dinosaur park, children museum, drinks, and treats.





Back at home we too got in on a little "mustache March" action... smoothie style that is, and the kids had fun attending birthday parties and celebrating St. Patrick's day. 


Kyle was interviewed for his outstanding performance at red flag training at Nellis, and of course we were so excited for his homecoming. Even though he was gone three weeks, we are always overjoyed when our main guy comes back home. 

Kyle decided to take Connor to his first spring training game. One of the perks to living in AZ is attending spring baseball games for super cheap prices. The weather is perfect, the stadiums are so close, and it's literally a sports fan dream come true. Connor is now obsessed with baseball, but we will see how long this lasts. 

Connor got some more Babbo time as Kyle attended his field trip with Connor's pre-K class. Connor was so excited to ride on the bus with Kyle and I know Kyle had a good time watching the Hungry caterpillar play with 500 other 4 year old kids :) 

Abby and Connor finished their first year at Arizona Gakuen. They have done such a great job with keeping up with their Japanese language skills, I am beyond proud of them. I hope one day they will thanks us and understand the gift that is to speak another language. Taking the kids every Saturday to Mesa for three hours of Japanese classes has been a sacrifice or the whole family.



Well, I thought I better document this pregnancy since it's my last. I have never been one to enjoy pictures, especially while pregnant, but since this is my last baby I thought I should post a picture so I can always remember how huge I got with Layla. Maybe this will act as a great birth control in the future when I start getting baby hungry again. I'll just take one glance at this picture and see the swollen limbs, bloated face, stretched out belly, and an aching back and come to my senses that we are in fact 100% not having anymore kids, hahaha. Never doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment