It's finally here, the beginning of school! Since the kids have basically been out of school since Christmas break when we left Japan, I have been SOOOOO ready for them to go back, and they have been ready too. Abby is starting Kindergarten and Connor is going into preschool. We are lucky that the school is literally right behind our house, just a 5 minute walk. Abby's teacher's name is Ms. Lovato and she is in the accelerated kindergarten class. Here's to hoping she can keep up with the faster paced class and that she ends up loveing school.
We are finally starting to tackle the backyard now that it's starting to get a little cooler... not a lot, but a little cooler where we can tolerate doing yard work for 20 minutes at a time here and there. Kyle has been working hard to rip up the weeds and prepare the ground to plant grass seed in the fall.
Kyle's work schedule is quite nice. He is home every day by 4:30/5:00 so we actually have time all together as a family. It's moments where I get to see my kids play around with their dad and when we have family dinners together that I realize we made the right choice with switching from the F-16 to F-35 jet. We are loving all the family time.
Abby lost her first tooth! I cannot believe she is old enough to be loosing teeth. She lost her tooth AND we received a care package from friends back in Japan all in the same week causing me to have so many emotions. It made me realize how fast time is flying by. My baby is now 5 years old, in school, and loosing teeth, and we have officially been back in America for 8 months now. We miss Japan every day. I never thought we would grow to love another country just as much as our own, but the people and the cultural experiences we had made it such an amazing and unique experience for our family that we will forever be grateful for.
Kyle and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. Holy smokes, we have almost been married an entire decade! Kyle surprised me with a weekend get away down in Tucson. Grandma Kaye came down to watch the kids so just the two of us could spend two nights at a resort down in Tucson. We did nothing but sleep, lounge around, attend the Temple, and walk around downtown. It was just what we needed to get recharged to go back to our gremlins.
It's football season and Connor and Kye have really enjoyed supporting our local high school's football team. The two of them enjoy going to the home games for the Millennial Tigers, and of course Connor always walks away with a treat so that regardless the outcome of the game he is always smiling form ear to ear.
I am trying to be more present in the kid's lives. Abby is in school all day, Connor attends half day preschool, and Brayden and I get some good quality one on one time. We love all our kids equally of course, but Brayden sure has turned into my little buddy as of late. He will always be a daddy's boy, but I sure love the snuggles and cuddles from him...even when they are forced.
I cannot get over how tan my kids have gotten this summer. After three years of living in northern Japan where we got super pasty white and never saw the sun, they have been spending all their free time outside soaking up the sun rays and swimming in the pool. Being outside everyday in these hot Arizona temperatures sure is giving them a nice bronzed glow that I had to capture a picture as proof that my kids indeed can get some color on their skin.
Perhaps the best surprise was when the Hones stopped by for a couple hours. They are stationed up in Las Vegas and drove all the way down through Phoenix to Texas for a convention they needed to attend. I enjoyed talking with and catching up with Emily, and the kids all had a blast playin together in the backyard. There are some friends in life that just get you, and Emily is one of those friends for me. I miss her but love that we still stay in touch and pick up right where we left off every time we get together.










No comments:
Post a Comment