Tuesday, April 14, 2020

September 2018

We started September off with a visit from my parents, AKA Nonna and Pappy. The kids loved playing around in the pool, and even showed them their Japanese Gakuen school down in Mesa. While in Mesa we made a stop at the family cemetery and got to see a bunch of Macdonald relative gravesites including my grandfather, my dad's dad, Robert Macdonald. 

I have made a goal to try to do as little screen time with my kids as possible this month, and boy has it been hard. We are trying to resort to reading books, doing arts and crafts, and of course playing outside whenever possible. I know the kids enjoy doing the activities, even though they beg for kids youtube all day every day. I hope one day they will thank me for letting them be kids and using their imaginations over having a screen do it for them.


I am so proud of Abby! She won student of the month this month and earned the "model student" award. She is so sweet to others and I am so grateful for her amazing example to her brothers... and future baby brother or sister. Yup, I just found out that I am pregnant with baby number 4. It was definitely planned, we just didn't think it would happen this soon though. We are excited, nervous, and a little terrified to be honest. Three kids is rough, now we are adding ANOTHER kid to this crazy mix?! Of course I secretly am hoping it's a girl just so I can have 2 boys and 2 girls, but we will be happy with a boy as well. All I really want is a happy, healthy baby. This baby will be our last and complete our family. I am already so excited to be all done pregnant and to have everyone in our family here.


In Abby's Japanese school they had a special bazaar day where Abby made and sold little crafts. We are so proud of her and Connor for all their hard work with trying to keep up their language skills despite not living in Japan anymore. They are such good kids and work so hard. I hope they will someday see that knowing Japanese is a gift that we were able to provide them with through support and encouragement.



Brayden certainly has been enjoying being a "big boy." We are getting him used to a bed rather than the crib and he is definitely enjoying sharing a room with Connor. These two boys, they sure are the best of friends and worst of enemies.
We visited Kyle at work and got our own private tour by an F-35 pilot himself ;) Having a dad as a pilot does have some perks every now and then liking getting to see and touch the cool jets up close. Brayden loved every minute of it and I could already see the brain washing begin as Kyle showed him around the flight line.

We started soccer. Abby and Connor are both playing this fall and are loving it. Due to the fact that they have Japanese school every Saturday morning they don't get to participate in many of the games, but that's ok. They are still so young that just going to practices and learning the fundamentals of the sport is all they really need right now. Abby of course is on a team full of little girls so they decided to call their team the "sparkle unicorns." Connor on the other hand is on a boy/girl mixed team and they are going by the name of " blue sharks."

Kyle was flying nights one of the weeks this month which means he has the days off where he is suppose to sleep so he can go in and fly during the night. The first day before his body switched over sleep schedules he surprised Abby and went to school to eat lunch with her. She loved every minute of it and loved showing off her daddy to her classmates. Im sure it's the little things like this that will create lasting memories for Abby.
Grandma Rai had her 99th birthday so the entire family flew in for a dinner to celebrate the birthday girl. It was fun to get all the kid cousins together and to have all Kyle's siblings and their spouses together again. With how big Kyle's family is it can be hard to get everyone all together. If I live to see 99 I hope my whole family will come celebrate with me too. That sure is an accomplishment!











No comments:

Post a Comment