Another year has come and gone. Now I am 26, and feel as though I'm 56. The tired bags under my eyes from sleepless nights and achy back from carrying around 2 babies give it away that I'm an old momma :). Even though my appearance is aging, My kiddos keep me young at heart!
This was the first week of our 13th sq play group that I started up. It was a lot of fun! We explored "rocket park" and 5 other families came to play with us. Unfortunately our park fun ended a little early due to a down pouring of rain that came out of nowhere. Looks like it was a hit and we will keep it up every Wednesday morning. Besides, who wouldn't be down for letting your kids burn off some energy while enjoying the nice weather northern Japan has to offer both spring and summer? This next week we plan to hit up Towada's horse park.
I have had plenty of opportunity to get out of the house this week which has helped the week pass fast. I taught ballet on Monday night, had the spouse coffee night social on Tuesday, and was eligible to attend the deployed family appreciation dinner. Even though Kyle is only TDY, since he is gone for over 2 months we get all the perks that the families with a deployed spouse get here on base.
Oh, what a night it was. My kids always make sure to humble and embarrass me at the most opportune moments. The dinner was held at the weasels den so parents could get their food and let the kids run around and play on the playset. We got there at the beginning hoping to beat the long line I was sure would form, but my theory failed. We stood in line for a good 15 minutes and as I'm sure you can all imagine Abby and Connor did not cooperate. Both kids were screaming and wiggling everywhere. Abby kept running off, needless to say we were quite the scene. Apparently we were so loud that the wing commander over the entire base came over to offer a hand to help. I was humiliated! He was so nice and explained that I looked like I had my hands full and that he totally gets it cause he has a bunch of kids himself. He thanked me for my sacrifice and support during this time that my husband is gone. We then got talking about Kyle, pilots, and the 13th squadron. Before I knew it everyone in line was staring at us I'm sure wondering who the crazy lady was that was talking with the wing commander.
After getting my food I quickly went and hid myself near the bouncy house in the corner to let Abby jump out some excess energy and to let my embarrassment die down. We definitely know how to stand out and make sure EVERYONE knows of our presence. I'm still dying of embarrassment!
I can't believe my little boy is 7 months already!! He sits like a champ, chews on everything, and loves being a big boy and sitting in the wagon for walks. He desperately seeks attention and approval from both Abby and Sandy which is cute and pathetic all at the same time.
On Wednesday we decided to use our free car oil/lube/tire rotation voucher that we received since Kyle is gone. We walked to the library and mokuteki cafe for some hot chocolate. I turned my back for just a second and what happened?? Abby was trying to share her hot chocolate with Connor. Cute, but scary! Connor was elated that sister gave him the time of day and I didn't know if I should be more worried that my baby just had dairy and chocolate, or a hot beverage. He seems to be fine, and I introduced the little play tent for the kids to "share" as an alternative. They love it... Connor gets attention from Abby, Abby thinks it's a fort, and I'm just happy it's not hot chocolate!
Even though Kyle is across the world, he still managed to make me feel special on my birthday. He had beautiful flowers delivered that still make my house a yummy smelling, cheerful place. Some friends came over for some tasty treats and to visit which is always a delight. I don't know what I would do without them! They have turned into my little Misawa family. So grateful to have them here, and so grateful to have friends that know exactly what I'm going through cause they are going through this TDY separation as well! I am definitely making lifetime friends. I am constantly reminded that even though Japan wasn't originally my first choice of places to go, the Lord knows what's best for me and I am so glad He does! Japan is turning out to be an amazing experience where we are making amazing friends, and I am amazingly grateful to be here!
So my dear friend Rachel has created a monster! She has created this love of fabric and quilting within me. I have always enjoyed sewing but I never thought I was any good at it. With her help and practice I will have quilts all over the house by the time we leave Japan. I have almost finished a quilt for Abby for her birthday and am starting on another quilt for her and one for Connor as well. I am excited to see how this fox quilt comes along for my little sly fox Abby. I thought it was very appropriate for her. Every night I sew a little here and there. I'm not a crazy cat lady... I'm a crazy quilt lady!









Hey! Quilt-making doesn't make monsters! At least I hope not - otherwise, I'm too far gone!
ReplyDeleteHahaha you are not too far gone. I'm the crazy one that stays up till midnight quilting every night cause I'm obsessed! Seriously it's like I have found my long lost hobby!
Delete