Another week down. Time has almost stopped completely cause this was the longest week ever! I think I am just over this TDY, time for Kyle to come back before I COMPLETELY loose my mind.
We did discover that we can check out movies from the library though. This week we picked Finding Nemo and Planes Fure and Rescue. I think we will make Tuesday library day a weekly event where we check out new movies and books to help entertain us for the upcoming week.
Our movie nights sure are becoming quite the event. After jammies and milk, I sometimes will cave in and pop some popcorn for Abby. Then it's fort building time and snuggles... As long as the kids are willing.
Abby decided to take her artist skills to a new level this week. I literally jumped in the shower for a quick 2 minute rinse while Connor was taking his morning nap. When I came out I found lovely red crayon all over my living room wall. I didn't catch her in the act, but she was not smart enough to hide the evidence and was holding the red crayon in hand. It was like solving the mystery to the game clue... Abigail killed Jenny's white wall in the living room using a red crayon. After a lot of elbow grease and a magic eraser the masterpiece I call "big red" was finally no more. I did my best to explain to Abby that crayons are only for paper. Don't know if she fully got it, but when I saw her trying to scrub the wall with the eraser my heart melted and I couldn't stay mad at her.
This week we also attempted to attend a birthday party, Tuesday squadron lunch, and dinner with some friends. All events ended with a screaming fit on the floor by Abby, and a needy Connor having to be held and bounced in my arms making it impossible for me to eat and enjoy myself. I am trying not to get frustrated, but it's very hard! I would love to have a chance to socialize and be able to eat, relax, and enjoy myself, but with 2 under 2 that's a long shot if not impossible. The Lord is continually teaching me patience and humility because apparently I have not learned my lesson yet or gained the experience He wants me to. I keep hoping that once Abby can talk and communicate what she wants and needs things will get better. Here's to hoping this tired momma gets some relief soon!
On a lighter note, the kids and I went exploring Towada's horse park this week with the squadron. It was so much fun!! We got to feed horses, walk a horse, play on some amazing play sets, eat a picnic lunch, and try out Japan's "roller slides." You have to hike to the top of the hill and sit on the foam mats provided and let gravity do the rest as you slide down on a bunch of rolling pipes. Abby and I went down a couple of times and she absolutely loved it... The inner kid in me loved it too! I think when Kyle gets back we will have to take him there cause I just know he would love hanging around the horses. We finished our fun day with some Japanese ice cream which is more like frozen cream (aka creamy deliciousness!) And the kids were so tired they slept great for me that night.
We are almost half way done with this TDY. We will just tackle the other half one day at a time, one day at a time.
















No comments:
Post a Comment