What a busy week it has been! I feel like the kids and I have been running around to different events and appointments that they have had to resort to cat napping anywhere they can. Connor is really good about falling asleep anywhere when tired. My favorite this week was when he fell asleep in the swing at the park. Kids were running around all over the play structure and he was able to sleep right through it all. He is a trooper.
On top of that Connor has hit some more mile stones this week. He likes to stand while holding onto something, like the side of the couch, getting in the crawling position and rock back and forth (so close to crawling!) and has graduated to a big boy car seat. He is still rear facing, but now sits up and can interact with Abby more in the car which I know he loves.
I can't help but laugh at how extremely different my two kids are when it comes to size. Petit Abby, who weighed a whopping 5lbs 13oz at birth, could have probably fit in the bucket car seat till she was 14 months old. She is just bearly starting to fit into 24 month and 2T clothes and wears a size 5 in toddler shoes. Connor, who weighed 8lbs at birth, has out grown the bucket car seat at 8 months, fits in 9 month clothing, and wears a size 3 shoe!! I've got tiny and jumbo as my kids.
We got the kids KU jammies for their Christmas jammies this last year, but they were way too big on both of them. Now, 6 months later, they finally fit the kids. I just love dressing them up in matching clothes. Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum.
So this week we had the lady panthers "coffee" night at the weasels den, which was nice cause we were able to bring our kids to the activity. We also had a naming night on the 13th (CP!) which was a lot of fun. It was my first time going to a naming night and luckily I wasn't being named his time around so I could just watch and figure out what was going on. We all wore out flight suit dresses and patches, socialized, then got down to business of interrogating the "namees." It is a fun tradition in which we get to know the new people that join the squadron, and give them a name to go by amongst us 13th ladies. Plus it's a spoof off of what the guys do at their legit naming nights. I think I'm on the chopping block next time around, so I'm excited to see what name they come up with for me.
We also had our park play dates, a farewell picnic/lunch for a family in our Ward, and of course Abby's birthday party!!! I have been mentally planning a little Minnie Mouse party for Abby since last year, and was excited to finally throw it for her. We invited the younger kids from the ward and squadron that live on our street, and did our best to turn the backyard into Muckey's clubhouse. We played pin the bow on Minnie, colored some pictures, decorated some bows at Minnie's bow-tique, and of course ate food and jumped on the trampoline. All the kids had a great time, but I think Abby had the most fun. It was all worth it for me to watch her light up and have a huge grin on her face from start to finish of the party. I know she is still young and probably didn't understand what was going on, but the snuggles she gave me after the party and right before her nap were all I needed as a thank you from her. I love my baby girl so much!!!
Today was Abby's real birthday and I saved her presents from Grandma/Grandpa and Nonna/Pappy for her to open. She sure is a spoiled little girl by her grandparents. I also gave her my gift which was a quilt I had been working on for weeks now. She loves blankies, so I decided to cut up her recieveing blankets she had as a baby and make them into one big blanket she could enjoy for years to come. My friend embroidered her name on it as well. She loves to cuddle with her new blanket and it makes me so happy that she likes my "labor of love" gift.
As tradition on every birthday, I measured Abby so see how much she had grown this past year. I can't believe my little 5lb 13oz baby girl is now 2 years old. She is just shy of 3 feet tall and I'm sure weighs somewhere in the upper 20-low 30 lbs. she has enough hair now that I can do pig tails, pony tail, clip up, you name it! She likes to help pick out her own clothes, and LOVES to play outside. She runs around all over the place (yes sometimes still on her toes) and has learned how to gallop. She enjoys smelling and picking floweres, and dandelions... they are flowers to her. She guzzles milk like there is no tomorrow, dances to any and all music, and gives the best hugs and kisses in the world. As we enter the "terrible" 2s stage I hope I can continue to have patience with her and not completely go insane. Hopefully this next year we can turn that stereotype around and call them the "terrific" 2s. More importantly, I hope she continues to develop into the loving, energetic toddler that she has become.




















No comments:
Post a Comment