Monday, June 8, 2015

Strawberry fields forever

Another week down! We found out some great news this week! Kyle will be coming home either the 29th or 30th this month instead of in July! That's a whole week to 2 weeks early!!! That's the best thing that has ever come out of budget cuts with the air force ;) I hope he arrives on the 29th so we can celebrate his birthday on the 30th.

Now that the weather is so nice I feel like there is so much to do here in Misawa. Not only do the kids and I go to the squadron play group on Wednesdays, we also attend the ward play group on Tuesdays, squadron lunches, soccer games to watch our neighbors (cutest little boys who are 5 and 9), library time, dog park, and in a week they are going to open the base beach. We will be going there I'm sure very regularly because they have a dog park and huge play set there, and who wouldn't want to go play at the beach?! This month also kicks off all the summer festivals that Japan holds. We are going to try to go to as many as we possible can cause its fun to just jump in and experience the culture. We have been staying very busy and I think all of us like it that way. It helps pass the time quickly until Kyle comes back. 

This week I have been planning the details to our Tokyo trip in July. I am so exited!!! From ancient castles, to shrines, to shopping we are going to do and see it all. I just crossing my fingers the kids will be good. They have been pretty good about traveling and vacations in the past so I hope I have not just jinxed us for this trip.

Well this week Abby has really explored her... natural side. She is our little nudist, and has decided that clothes are a thing of the past. I catch her stripping all the time and everywhere. She went completely naked on the trampoline and threw her clothes outside of the safety net, every time I get her from a nap she is completely naked, and now she is starting to strip slowly while watching her movies. I can't keep clothes on this kid! Even at the grocery store she started to shed some layers when I caught her and stopped her before going completely commando. Good thing Connor hasn't started to follow her lead. The most that he has discovered are his toes. 


This week I decided to try and take a picture of the kids together at least once a month. I like to see how they are changing and growing. It's also fun to see how they are starting to look like each other. There is definitely a family look, and these 2 cuties love showing off their jammies. In fact, I think their favorite part of the day is when I put them in their jammies. They never fight me and always have the biggest smile. I let Abby pick hers out and she gets so excited. They take after their momma cause I too get excited to put on my jammies. On another note, I can't believe how big my babies are getting. Abby will be 2 in just a week, where has the time gone?
Well we thought we would be adventurous and go check out Nanbu Japan this week. It is a small farm town just west of Hachinohe and known for their amazing strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and peaches. Since it is strawberry season still here went on the strawberry tour. It was an hour drive away, but it didn't seem that long cause the drive was so beautiful. I like driving around rural Japan cause I get to see cute little villages, rice fields, torris, shrines, and rolling hills of lush Japan. Nanbu is such a quaint town. I just wish Kyle was there to enjoy it with us, he would have loved it cause it was all you can pick and eat strawberries for an hour for just 1500¥. Abby was free cause she was under 2, but I swear she ate enough strawberries as if she was a 20 year old!  We picked and ate for the whole hour, and can say we were kind of sick of strawberries at the end (if that is even possible). We went with our friends the Downings and Goodes who are in our squadron and live just down the street. Their little girls are 18 months old and 20 months old so it's fun to get the girls all together to play on a daily basis. 

What better way to end a strawberry fun filled day then to eat a large, delicious bowl of raman?! The kids were great, and Connor discovered that he actually does like the backpack carrier (which made things SO nice). Abby wore her little strawberry outfit and strawberry boots for the occasion, and together we made some great memories. We will have to go back and try another fruit when it is in season with Kyle. 






No comments:

Post a Comment