Well we did it! We made it through the first of what I'm only assuming will be many TDYs. What a way to welcome us to the world of a fighter pilot, by having Kyle gone for a very long TDY to start us off. His TDY was about the length as most heavy/cargo pilots deployments! If all goes well and the weather cooperates he will get back tomorrow morning and we will be able to greet him on the flight line. It will be so nice to have our dad and husband back. But I'm not going to lie, it's going to be weird. I have kind of gotten into a little routine with the kids and have gotten used to doing everything on my own. I hope Kyle knows I'm the captain of this ship and I run a tight schedule, so he better not rock the boat or throw us overboard :)
We had a lazy week. We did our normal playgroups, library, walks, etc, but we also met with the speech therapist for Abby as well. We have been given "tips" to help her vocabulary expand and will need to check in within 2 months to inform them if there has been any improvement. I just hope she starts talking soon cause we are at this point where we both are getting frustrated. She is trying to tell me what she wants and I don't understand, therefore Abby ends up having a tantrum and I just get annoyed. I feel as though she is close though. Just the other day I was getting her ready for bed and putting in a movie for me to watch (a non Disney, romantic comedy flick that I so desperately needed after weeks upon weeks of cartoons) and she said "what are you watching?" I stared at her with my jaw dropped! When she finally learned to walk she literally just stood up one day and walked circles around the table. I think she might be the same with her speech. Forget individual words, she will just spouting out full sentences!
It's been very obvious that we have been on the count down for Kyle to return, and my motivation is seriously dwindling. I think we ate at either Burger King or Popeyes 3 times this week. I know, I know, major mommy fail. I have just had no motivation to cook ANYTHING. Besides, I don't think Abby minded too much. Afterall she is a french fry monster and if she could she would eat all of hers AND mine!
We had a couple of beautiful days this week. Our neighbors pulled out their sprinkler and were having fun in the sun, so of course Abby wanted to join in. Since our neighbors are quite a bit bigger than Abby I didn't want her to get hurt playing rough with them so we decided to have our own sprinkler party in the backyard. Some of our friends (more age and size appropriate) came over to join in the fun as well. The only thing that could have made it better was if we had otter pops!!! Why doesn't the commissary carry them?!
My kids found another opportunity to humble me this week. We went to a little cafe one day with some friends for lunch. We thought this cafe would be great as it has a little play area for our kids. Seemed perfect, what could go wrong, right? Well, as soon as we got there Connor decided to turn into a pterodactyl and screech and scream the whole time just because! Abby was all over the place and wouldn't stay in the play area, forcing me to chase her around the restaurant. And to top it off she had a total blow out and of course I didn't have a change of clothes for her. It was horrible. For some reason it was only my kids that were freaking out. My friend's kids were totally well behaved and human, unlike my dinosaur screeching son. I was embarrassed, exhausted, and fed up.
I know I look like a crazy circus lady trying to wrangle my 2 babies everywhere I go. I just keep holding on to hope that it will get better, and one day Abby and Connor will play together and entertain one another. They will be well behaved and listen and I will totally be glad and feel validated that having them 16 months apart was the right thing to do. Until that fairytale day does come true it's back to being the ring leader of my very own circus.
I finally finished my watermelon quilt this week. I really like the way it turned out and can't wait to show Kyle what I made while he was gone. Having projects always helps me pass the time, and now we have a fun picnic blanket to enjoy together as a family. I think this weekend I am going to try to plan a family picnic lunch to celebrate Kyle's birthday and the 4th of July. Here's to planning family events with ALL of us together!!!






I need to come see the quilt!!! I looks absolutely FABULOUS!!!! I"m glad Kyle made it home - yay for having your family all back together :)
ReplyDelete