Friday, September 18, 2015

Rain, rain, go away

And the rain continues. Sometimes I feel as though I am back in Washigron again with how wet it is here. We are desperately missing the warm dry weather of Arizona. In fact, as pathetic as we sound, Kyle and I have started drawing up plans of a dream home in AZ. When we finish we will probably draw up plans for a dream home in Texas, South Carolina, Italy, and anywhere else we have contemplated on retiring. Since we don't have a house anymore this is the only way we can dream again of the day where we can paint the walls whatever color we want to and have space to roam. Yes, I realize how sad this makes us sound, but we can't help it! And it's a fun little activity we do when the kids go down for bed.

This week Connor has been growing and growing! Not only is he standing on his own and taking a step here and there, he now climbs up on everything. When we are outside his obsession is our neighbors green bike. One way or another he will hunt that bike down!
We had round 2 of Abby's ballet/tap class and she did great. It was like a different child! She waved goodbye to me at the door and had a blast in class. Every now and then I would sneak a peek through the window and she was following instruction, happy, and seriously the cutest thing I ever did see!!! I don't even know how it is possible to do a 360 turn around from her screaming fits from last week, but she did. Maybe Abby has a little jackal and Hyde in her? Or maybe it was the new tutu she got to wear. Whatever it was, it worked and it was one of the proudest moments for me as a mom to see her dancing away in class.
So in my attempts to be a cool, hip, fun, active mom I decided to do a Halloween craft with my kids. Abby has really gotten into painting ever since I got the finger paint to play with. I have to admit that both her and Connor did a good job. They were completely engrossed and engaged. Abby made the Orange spider plate and Connor made the green one. Looks like this will be another tradition to add during this time of year: every year make a new Halloween decoration to hang in the house.


Oh the love between a boy and his dog. Well in our case it's only one sided, and that is Connor's love towards Sandy. He follows our dog all around the house while poor Sandy just tries to play keep away. Sandy really is such a great family dog. She lets both kids crawl all over her, pull her fur, take her toys, and play in her kennel. Sometimes I would love to know what she is thinking. It's probably not very pleasant thoughts towards my crazy kids but you would never know it with her great poker face. We love you Sandy.

So the rare occasions Kyle does make it home in time to eat dinner with us and help put the kids down for bed, we take full advantage of it. He is a great dad that always puts his family first. His kids are his number one, and I like to think I might be a close number two in his life :). Abby's favorite thing to do is grab all her library books, bring them over to Kyle, sit on his lap, and listen to him read her story after story. When the library books are done she tries to sneak a few more from her own stash in the toy room for Babbo to read. Connor has just recently started to get into this as well, mainly because he justs wants to do anything and everything Abby does.

It's moments when we are all together and happy that I truly feel like "there is no place like home." With all the traveling we have been doing lately sometimes the best place to be is home surrounded by the people you love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment