Has another week come and gone? It felt like a blur. Ending another month, and starting a new month, I still can't believe we are in October! So a lot happened this week. I finally got my dental implants stage one done. Basically what happened is I kind of slipped through the cracks this summer with dentists and oral surgeons PCSing in and out, that I called in to see when I could begin the process. They told me I no longer was assigned a dentist and they would have to see if a dentist had room to take me on as a patient. So since I am a "difficult case" I was very discouraged and was thinking that this whole procedure was going to be pushed back AGAIN! Then, out of no where, like an answer to prayers, our bishop (who happens to be a dentist as well) walks into my room where I was getting my teeth cleaned at the clinic and saw that I was needing a dentist to take on my case. He said he would be more than happy to be that guy. HOORAY!!! He is not only a great guy but a great dentist. He understands that I have kids and don't have a lot of spare time to get the dental implants so he works very efficiently. His wife, has also been so nice and said she could watch my kids whenever I had an appointment. They are wonderful friends, and neighbors (yes our bishop lives in the building next to ours as well, so im sure he is plenty sick of seeing me and my family EVERYWHERE). So dental implant stage one is complete. His goal is to have everything done come the end of October/beginning of November. Then it's 3 months of healing before they put the permanent fake tooth on and, TADA!!! I am done. It's only taken me 10 years to get these dental implants in from when my orthodontist noticed I was missing teeth when aligning my teeth with braces. I tell ya, I sure got shorted when it comes to dental genes with missing teeth and all.
This week also shall be a week that will go down in the record books. Connor finally slept through the night! And not just one or two nights, he has slept through the night all week! I am one happy momma. I have only been waiting almost a year for my baby boy to sleep through the night so I can stop being a zombie, or should I say mombie. I feel amazing! I feel so young and refreshed again, all thanks to a full nights worth of sleep. Thank you Connor... It's about time!!!!!
We had our family pictures this week. Kyle was not too excited about this, but one day he will thank me that I make everyone take yearly family pictures. In my opinion there are just some things you can't go without: orange juice WITH pulp, fuzzy socks, and yearly family pictures. I love looking back and seeing how our family has grown and changed, and it gives me a nice updated picture for our yearly Christmas cards.
We had to say good bye to our trampoline till next spring. We had a big windstorm on Friday and as I was rounding up the kids to go run errands I saw our trampoline get air born, twirl, then smash into our fence. I just about panicked! I dropped everything and ran outside and started taking it down so that it wouldnt take flight again. The kids watched me take apart their favorite outside toy from the back sliding door and amidst the wind rustling trees, my hair blowing everywhere and me trying not to loose all our trampoline parts I heard my babies crying tears of sorrow. It broke my heart, but we were planning on taking it down sooner than later anyways for winter. With how much snow we are predicted to get, it would ruin the trampoline. So our jumping days have come to an end till next spring. Oh spring, how I am sure I will be VERY ready for you after this long, long Misawa winter.
Since there is no more trampoline, we decided to play in the windstorm by walking around with the wagon instead. I'm glad they thought this was fun, because I loved the fact that they were strapped in and contained. Made my job of watching them pretty easy.
That same night we had a first friday at the bowling alley for the whole squadron and a naming night for us spouses. This time I was on the chopping block to be named!
We were in charge of bringing the drinks and providing the entertainment for the evenings. Of course I was over the nonalcoholic shots, and together me and the other 2 girls being named came up with some fun minute to win it games for the ladies to play in between namings. The games were fun, but because most ladies were highly intoxicated they were REALLY fun! Sometimes it's fun to be one of, if not the only sober person in a room full of drunk people. The best part is they have no inhibitions and don't remember anything... But I sure do! Black mail ;)
I was the first to be named. Some names they came up with were: tutu, bueller, and whirl, but the winner ended up being Nutcracker. It represents my ballet back ground, the fact that I'm an awful cook and never seem to have meals prepared hence my family is left to eat "peanuts" (sorry Kyle), and that I'm not afraid to crack some nuts cause I can take lead and be in charge. To be honest, I think the name is a little ridiculous, and long. I was hoping for tutu cause they had a cute acronym for that one, but like I said when the alcohol starts flowing through everyone you can't be too sure as to what they will do. It's fine, I don't love it, but it will work for our 3 years here in Misawa until I am renamed at our next assignment. The nice thing about us spouses is we can get renamed at each assignment if we want a new name, unlike the guys. As soon as Kyle deploys he will be stuck with the name baller.
On Saturday I met with a friend who's kids go to the Daiichi school to help me pick up Abby's supplies. She starts this upcoming Friday and she needs a special bento rice box for lunches, her own silverware set, special inside shoes (Japanese are very particular about outdoor and indoor shoes), a smock, and specific bags to put all these items in that go in one big bag that she carries to and from school. I also have to send an extra set of clothes with her name in Japanese in every item in case she has an accident cause they help with potty training. I need to get good at writing Abby's name in Japanese cause it needs to be on EVERYTHING. I am excited, scared, and nervous for my baby girl to start school. I think it will be hard the first couple weeks as she adjusts, but I think she is going to love all the social interaction, art, and learning she will get to do.
We rounded out the weekend with a commissary run, church, and chores around the house. Abby loves home made ice cream cones, and even Connor got a little taste. We are slowly adding dairy to his diet now that he is almost 1! Abby has also taken a liking to organizing Babbo's wallet before bed. Smart girl, already taking Babbo's wallet :) if this is a peek into the future we are in trouble!










No comments:
Post a Comment