Sunday, December 13, 2015

Goodbye swimsuits, hello snow coats

It's good to be back home. Sandy really missed us this time. I actually think she has a little anxiety now because every time we leave the house she thinks we are leaving for good and gets super needy and clingy. Poor dog, I think it's time we stay home for a bit and take care of you like good, responsible owners.

Yes, we are officially unpacked and have put our swimsuits away for sometime. It's cold here, but luckily there isn't too much snow...yet!! It snowed once and it stuck for a day or two before melting. I would be very happy if that was all the snow we got this winter, but I don't think it will be.

We have made a full circle and are back to our Minnie Mouse and Frozen obsession. Even Connor has jumped on the Frozen train this time around. I think it has to do with Kyle getting him an Olaf stuffed animal while in Hawaii. Now he loves that thing and insists that Olaf be in his crib with him for nap time and bedtime. Abby likes to line up all her Minnies either on the tv stand so they can watch the movie as well, or with her on the couch snuggling in her "Elsa" blankie. They sure are cuties.

The holiday season is upon us. This time of year is always so much fun, and always so stressful. So much to do in so little time. Ciro, out Italian elf on the shelf, has made his appearance again this year. He has been surprising Abby and Connor every morning being in a fun new place. We have noticed that he seems to be taking a liking to our Kokeshi dolls. I think he has a thing for Japanese women.

We also got the Christmas light out and Kyle has slowly been puting them up. He does about one to two strands a night. Connor likes to help out with the "man's job." We are determined to have the best lights on the street. Kyle says he has some fun light ideas up his sleeve, so who knows what that means.


Mac and Cheese really is hitting our house hot and heavy lately. The kids LOVE it and will run to the pantry to pull out all the boxes when I ask them what they want for lunch. I am officially sick of the delux Kraft treat, but Abby and Connor could eat it three meals a day for the rest of their lives! Luckily together they devour a whole box so I don't feel obligated to eat the leftovers for my lunch as well. What can I say, my kids love their carbs!

Our fun local Japanese exploring this week took us to Swan lake. A bunch of swans from Russia come over here for the winter. I guess we are a little warmer than Russia, but I can't imagine by much. If I were them I would make the extra effort to fly further south, say Indonesia? Guam? Singapore? Or even Bali!

A sweet elderly Japanese man gave us some bread to feed the birds. The kids loved feeding the ducks and swans, even though the wind chill made it almost unbearably cold. The Lake is right next to Shimoda mall, so I think the next time we go to the mall we will try to stop to feed the birds again.



Abby is my tom boy/girly girl. She loves to play hockey with our next door neighbor boys (even though she doesn't know what she is doing), yet she loves her dance class. Her hair is finally long enough that I can put it in a bun for her class. Every week I just love taking my baby girl to dance, and I love that she loves it too! Her teacher is going on maternity leave for the month of January and I will be taking over her classes. It will be fun to teach Abby for a bit. I just hope she listens to me when I am her teacher!


The Ops group had a huge kid's Christmas party this weekend. The kids all got to wear their Christmas Jammies, eat doughnuts and juice, decorate cookies and make crafts, and await the arrival of Santa himself! Of course Santa made quite the scene when he rolled in on a F16! Apparently he got an upgrade from his sleigh :). Abby was having the time of her life, while Connor had no idea what was going on. That is until we had him sit on Santa's lap. He quickly knew what was going on and screamed bloody murder while trying to run away. It just wouldn't be Christmas without someone freaking out on Santa's lap.

Abby made sure to stay close to her boyfriend, Asher, for the whole activity. She sure loves that boy so much and always wants to play with him... Every. Darn. Day. Sadly they found out their next assignment and will be moving to Holloman, NM come May. Her first heart break. I'm sure Kyle will help ease the pain by taking her out to ice cream when the time comes :).








We finished off the weekend with our squadron's Christmas party. It was a fun night out away from the kids where we got to dress up and hangout with our 13th family. I even won one of the raffle drawings and got the movie Elf. We sure love being part of the world's greatest wild weasels. Cave Putorium!

No comments:

Post a Comment