Some highlights from this past year are:
1) moving to Japan
2) traveling to Singapore and Hawaii
3) Abby turning 2 and starting school at Daiichi
4) Connor turning 1 and learning to crawl and walk this year
5) exploring all of northern Japan
6) getting to go back to the states to visit family
7) becoming part of the best squadron family ever. CP!
8) getting called to work with the YW in our church
9) playing outside with sidewalk chalk this summer for hours upon hours
10) Having our first Christmas just our family of 4 (5 including Sandy our dog)
It's been a busy year to say the least. With all our fun highlights, we have also had a our fair share of trials. Both our grandpas passed away. Grandpa Don passed away in August and my Boopa passed away in November. We miss them but are greatful for the gospel and the knowledge that we will see them again one day. Kyle and I also have a similar loss that has helped us lean on each other for support and sympathy.
Kyle was also TDY to Alaska for 2 months, TDY to Sigapore for 3 weeks, and TDY to Korea for a week while I tried to run our crazy chicken coop by myself. Let me tell ya... That's no easy feet! It's hard on all of us when he has to leave. Speaking of leave, Kyle will be gone all of Februrary to Guam. Hopefully the kids and I can catch a space A flight to go out and visit him so we can shorten our separation time.
Besides setting new goals, taking down Christmas decor, and deep cleaning the house, we have enjoyed our family time this week. We tried a new restaurant caled Angelos for New Year's eve. It claims to be "Italian" but it was more like Japanese trying its best to be Italian. It was pretty nasty, and we learned that it was our first and last time eating there. We should have known better not to stray from what we love. Now, more than ever, we love our favorite Thai reaturant called Phadas! We will never stray again, our alliance remains there :)
Like every year Kyle made it to 9:30 before calling it a night on New Year's Eve. He is such an old man! With the kids down, Kyle, and yes our dog Sandy didn't even make it to midnight, I decided to ring in the new year by myself. I was very busy, working on my two quilts. I am making a quilt for every place we are stationed at so the red/gold/teal/black quilt is our Oklahoma quilt, and the pink/teal/orange/yellow quilt is our Arizona quilt. I have found some fun Japanese fabric to make a Japanese quilt with, but first things first I need to finish my current projects.
Midnight came, and so did a new year. A new start, a blank page. Time to work on resolutions, goals, and of course... Never ending projects. I am so grateful for my many blessings, and that I have made it to another year. I love my family so dearly and can't wait to make fun memories with them in this new year. Here to 2016, the best year yet!



No comments:
Post a Comment