Well we are still trying to adjust back to life in cold Misawa with schedules and obligations. Sometimes I wish we could go back to Guam and be beach bums again. No worries, just sand between our toes, and sun shine on our faces. The hardest part is yet to come cause now we have to wait a month before Kyle comes back home.
Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year. I dressed the kids in their Sunday best and we ate chocolate throughout the day. I may be missing my true valentine this year, but am glad I have two little substitutes to keep me company. I can't wait to give Kyle his Valentine's Day gift when he comes home, a financial book from Dave Ramsey. Basically Kyle loves any budgeting/finance book, so I am hoping he will like it.
Later that night the kids and I made Valentine cupcakes. They both loved watching the mixer, and Abby insisted on pouring in the ingredients herself. We made a mess, and it took forever to make them but we sure had a lot of fun.
Since we have been back, Abby's obsession with all princesses and fairies has increased even more... I didn't know that was even possible! She loves to dress up and wants to wear a dress/skirt everyday in which she names after a princess based on its color (pink=Aurora, blue=Cinderella, yellow=Belle). The newest "member" to her obsession is tinkerbell. I love having such a girly girl!
We had a fun painting night together as ladies of the 13th squadron. Since all our husbands are gone we thought we would get together and have a little fun ourselves. Carla in the other squadron is a very talented artist so she held a class where we all painted a sunset with mountains, tori gate, and of course a F16 jet. I unfortunately had to leave early and didn't get around to painting the jet cause I had to get back to my babysitter, but I will just have to add it in later. Maybe I will add the painting to my Valentine's day gift to Kyle. It was a fun night, and I hope we have another painting night soon.
The kids have been cooped up lately. The wind is so cold that I lack motivation to go outside. So I decided to take the kids to the the air and science museum here in Misawa. As much fun as we had, it would have been more fun if the kiddos were a little older. Basically they just wanted to run around, touch everything, and of course scream and laugh. Thankfully some of our friends came as well so their kids helped to entertain mine and keep Them out of trouble.
I look forward to when the weather warms up a bit cause they have an awesome plane display outside that allows the kids to go in different cockpits and what not. It was just a little too cold to go outside this time.

















I love your quilts! I want to come see them in person some time :)
ReplyDeleteYou quilt?!?! Amazing!
ReplyDelete