To be honest, it has been a hard transition with Kyle returning home this time. I feel as though the kids have relapsed into old and bad habits. They were doing so good with obeying, using the 1-2-3 discipline theory, Abby was practically potty trained, and everything was going good. The last couple days before Kyle returned everything started to fall apart.
I FINALLY had my dental implant surgery where they placed the post in my jaw bone to hopefully heal and adhere to my bone over the next couple months before the next step. I have been trying to get this surgery done since we moved here a year ago!
The surgery went well, and I was only taking Ibuprofen to help the slight ache, swelling, and pain I was feeling. On Friday night everything took a turn for the worse. My face started to swell a ton, and the pain level was escalating quickly. The doctors sent me home with some "heavier" meds on the day of the surgery just in case I needed to use them, but I knew I couldn't because I needed to be alert and attentive for my kids since I was the only care giver for them and the meds basically knock you out. I finally got to the level where I couldn't handle the pain anymore and around 2:00 in the morning, after not being able to sleep, I took the medication in hopes it would knock me out. It did make me drowsy, but unfortunately it made me nauseated and dizzy too. So I still wasn't able to get any sleep.
By the time morning rolled around I was exhausted, hurting, and still hurling. I knew it was time to go into the Urgent Care Center here on base. Thankfully my dear friend Rachel drove me cause I was still seeing double and my stomach had not settled. She even went above and beyond and took Abby to her dance pictures and took the kids to the park as she waited for me to be done at the clinic. I don't know what I would do without Rachel!
Our Bishop is also my dentist and just happened to be the dentist on call that weekend. When he walked in the room we just took one look at each other than I started to cry. Thank goodness he is a patient man and knows this has been a rough TDY with Kyle being gone, or else it could have been really embarrassing lol. This whole mouth mess was jut the cherry on top of a horrible TDY. Thankfully he helped me out and discovered I had an infection. I was placed on antibiotics and was told I would need to go in for a second surgery come Monday to eliminate the infection in hopes to prevent the implant from failing. It was a rough weekend. The rest of the day and Sunday we just lounged around the house taking it very easy.
Sunday afternoon Kyle returned. The kids were so excited to see him again... I could have done without the nasty stash he came home with though lol. Almost instantly Abby and Connor fell apart andstarted whining, having potty accidents, and not obeying either myself or Kyle. I know they are excited to have Babbo back, but I am beside myself trying to figure out what spured all this to happen. Looks like we are back to ground zero again. Hopefully when things settle a bit more they will get back into their routines.
Abby is continuing to go to her school every Tuesday and Friday. She had orientation this last week as well where she received her school supplies and uniforms. Come April my baby girl will be going full time. I am happy and sad about it. At least she loves school and I can't wait to see how she picks up on the language.
Connor and I have turned Friday mornings into our "donut date" after we drop off Abby. We go to Dunkin donuts and of course Connor gets his favorite, glazed, while I get mine, Boston cream. He loves our little Friday ritual, and gets excited when we walk into the store cause he knows what's about to come. I just love getting to spend one on one time with my little boy.







Jenny! Holy cow. You're such a brave mama. I can relate to so many little things you talk about living abroad is no joke some days- thanks for your strong example, I'm sure you're learning SO MUCH!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was younger we had an experience at the dentist that still has shaped me today. My dentist was so caring that he would never allow me to see the needles he gave me, often distracting me so that he could get his work done while keeping me calm and pain free throughout the time in his chair that day.
ReplyDeleteFreddie Gray @ Ballantyne Dentistry