Sunday, March 20, 2016

Food, food, everyone loves food.

Well, I would say this has been the week of food. Abby has decided it's more fun to play with her food, then eat it. I try stopping her, but with two kids it's a little difficult to keep my gaze only on her. She knows as soon as I go help Connor that it's her only chance and she smears food all over her face and tray. Hopefully this is just a phase cause I am getting pretty tired of cleaning up her messes.

For mutual this week, our church youth group, we played iron chef. They were all separated into three teams and had to cook something sweet and savory with the ingredients that they were provided with. A special ingredient (bacon) had to be used in both dishes. It was a lot of fun and the youth came up with some interesting dishes to say the least. I so enjoy working, more like playing, with the youth in our ward.
Since Kyle is in the middle of a military exercise he has had an interesting schedule. Even when he is busy and running in every which way for work (or flying in every which way I should say) he still tries to give the kids and myself some attention. It's only going to get worse as he starts the FLUG training. Oh the joys of being married to a fighter pilot.

We were able to squeeze in a lunch date this week as well as a dinner date. Like I said, it's been the week of food! Saturday night we actually went on a double date with our friends Rachel and Mike. It was fun to chat, eat, and catch up on life. Of course a date night with the Drehers wouldn't be complete without a game of cards afterwards. I am noticing that my "mom brain" starts to turn off around 9:30 at night, and basically I turn into a pumpkin from then on. So needless to say, the Drehers had to endure the non coherent vegetable that I was/am at night. Thank goodness they are such good friends and keep hanging out with us :)

I took Abby to the local Misawa children's theatre production of Cinderella. I thought it would be a fun mommy/daughter date since she loves everything princesses right now. She loved it! She sat on my lap the whole time and didn't move. She also really got into it and would yell out Cinderella with a huge smile every time she came on the stage... Yes people would turn and look at us, but they didn't seem to care, and neither did I.

Afterwards we got some pictures with the fairy godmother (who is one of the youth from our church) and Cinderella. I couldn't get Abby to smile for anything. I think she was confused as to what was going on and a little scared that I kept pushing her near the characters. I hope this isn't how she will be when we go to Tokyo Disney next month. We will just call this practice for when she gets to meet the Disney princesses and Mickey Mouse characters.

After the show it was raining which meant time to splash around in puddles. The weather has been so nice these last couple days, and this weekend officially said goodbye to winter and hello to spring with a little spring shower. You know what they say, spring showers bring flowers!!! I am ready for some flowers, sun, and LOTS of playing outside with the kids. This time of year is always so refreshing. I can't help but marvel at how life returns to nature in the spring. With Easter just around the corner, then General conference, we have a lot of fun and exciting things coming up that remind us of our Savior's love. I just love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read about your adventures. I keep forgetting about your blog. Keep up the good work of documenting your life.

    ReplyDelete