Sunday, June 12, 2016

Turn and burn baby

My friend Rachel and I have been planning a "turn and burn" for some time now, and Memorial Day weekend was the perfect opportunity! A turn and burn is a 24 hour trip to Osan, Korea. Every Monday a military hop/flight leaves Misawa to Osan, and returns on Tuesday. I knew I wanted to do it, I just didn't want to take the kids on such a whirl wind of a trip. Luckily Kyle had Monday and Tuesday off for the holiday so he was able to stay home and watch the kids while Rachel and I went exploring for a day in Korea. 

Monkey see, monkey do. Lately the kids have been obsessed with following Kyle around (whenever he is home) and copying his every move. The best was when Kyle played a little old school Nintendo and Abby was determined to play as well. Let's just say we let her think she was playing along, but really her co triller wasn't even plugged in. It let me know that kids really do watch every move you make. I made me realize that I need to be the best example for my kids. Do I want them seeing and copying me playing on my phone, or reading the scriptures? Watching tv, or playing outside? I'm learning that habits start young in kids, and I am determined to raise my kids the best way I possibly can.
While Abby was at school, Connor and I joined with the squadron weekly play group to go feed some fish at a near by pond. The carp fish were huge and obvious pros when I came to feeding time. Connor loved feeding them bread crumbs and would squeal when the fish splashed him. It's little gems like this that make Japan so fun and so perfect for young families. We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon with friends and enjoying the beautiful Japanese scenery.

We finally got some family pictures taken by An F16 jet. Of course when we take family pictures at least one of the kids is either screaming, crying, or trying to run away. This time it was Connors turn. We couldn't help but just laugh as the photographer was tryin desperately to grab a good shot. We finally told him to just take pictures and what happens happens. We just got the prints back and I we got a good chuckle cause they represent our present lives perfectly. Sometimes it's not about getting the perfect picture, but getting the picture the represents the family perfectly :)




No comments:

Post a Comment