Monday, December 26, 2016

Life with three littles

Nothing like being thrown into the lions den first hand! Kyle went back to work on Monday, after having a week off (thanks to the weekend, Thanksgiving break, and him taking two days of personal leave to be with me and the baby). So it was just me and the three kiddos. It's funny how adding one more kid to the mix somehow makes everything twice as long and difficult to accomplish. The mornings are hands down the most stressful time. Between feeding the kids breakfast (yes, and nursing Brayden), bathing all three kids, taking a shower myself, packing Abby's bag for school with her bento box and other required materials, taking the kids to the bathroom, loading the kids in the car, and dropping Abby off at school, I am tired by 9:00 in the morning when the boys and I return home from dropping off Abby. The only problem is it doesn't stop there. Then it's back to nursing, feeding Connor his snacks, then playing with Connor (cause heaven forbid he actually play and entertain himself), nap time, and cleaning the house. Before I know it I am loading the boys back in the car to pick up Abby at 2:00 when school gets out. The days seem to go by both quickly and slowly all at the same time. 

I have decided that I am not the typical "Pinterest mom" of 2016. I never took maternity pictures of any of my pregnancies which seems to be all the rage (what do you do with pictures of yourself fat and pregnant??!! I wouldn't hang them on my walls, and I don't particularly want to remember what I looked like swollen and chunky!) I also never paid to get my kids newborn pictures done professionally. I always just took them on my own cause all I want to do is capture what they looked like as a newborn. I don't need all the extra crazy fluff that newborn pictures today have like dressing your kid up as a lion and taking him out in the woods to capture the perfect picture, or suspending your naked baby to look like they are floating amongst the stars... what??! So my pictures of my kids are all simple and basic, just the way I like them. They will never make any Pinterest board, but they are good enough for my baby books that I make for the kids.

I took Brayden's baby pictures and just love how much he looked like a wrinkly old man. He is such a squishy baby, and so docile. I am so grateful that he just goes with the flow, and doesn't cry and complain. He loves snuggles, and to be with his mommy... sorry Kyle you are not loved by him yet. Anyways, I am glad I got a couple shots of my little boy.





Brayden had a lot of firsts this week. He officially had his first bath since I had to wait for his umbilical cord to fall off. I don't think he is a fan. He is a fan however of our bed! Kyle and I learned that in order for him to sleep through the majority of the night he likes to sleep in our temperpedic king size bed with us. Who doesn't love the temperpedic, and some snuggles throughout the night? He also had his first outing, and diaper blowout. I still can't believe I have three kids, yet at the same time I can't remember life before we had Brayden. He just fits so perfectly in our family it feels like he has always been around. We all love him so much. Lets hope that this third time around I will make less and less mistakes and be a better mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment