I have been so excited about our kids OG Christmas party for a while now, but was hesitant if I was going to be able to make it since my due date was 4 days prior to the event. Thank you Brayden for deciding to come early so we could all go and enjoy the party. Last year it was so fun! All the kids came in their Christmas jammies, ate donuts, did Christmas crafts, and saw Santa arrive in a jet! What more do you want as a kid? This year it was the same set up more or less. We all met up in a hanger where they had bouncy houses, donuts, and craft tables for the kids to make. When it was time for Santa to arrive, unfortunately it was snowing too hard that he wasn't able to taxi in on the F-16 jet. I was a little sad about that, but seeing Santa walk in with a blizzard behind him still made it feel magical.
The kids got to sit on Santa's lap and he gave them each a book. We had prepped for this moment for awhile now. Every year someone has had a freak out moment on Santa's lap. I was determined that it wasn't going to happen this year. We have been talking about Santa a lot at home the past couple days, and both Abby and Connor were really excited to meet him. Connor calls Santa Ho Ho Ho. When our time came for us to go up and meet Santa Connor immediately started screaming. He wasn't even next to Santa before he started to loose it. He was the only kid that truly lost it with Santa and needed restraint from Kyle to at least get a photo. Everyone was laughing... who am I kidding, both Kyle and I were laughing too. It just goes to prove that you can never truly plan for things to go as expected with toddlers. Connor's love and fascination towards Santa went south real fast when he was asked to go sit on his lap. At least we have a fun memory and picture for the books.
Our local Misawa Children's Theatre put on a production spin off of Snow White called, "A Snow White Christmas."I decided to take Abby to the show cause 1) she LOVES princesses, and 2) I took her last spring to see the Cinderella production and she loved it. Abby wanted to wear a princess dress herself and get all dolled up for the show. I helped paint her nails, and even let her wear some of my makeup and perfume. She was so excited. During the show she sat perfectly still, clapping at all the correct moments, and had the biggest grin on her face. I love my girly girl, and am so glad she is fond of the theatre. I dream of the day when we are stationed at a location near a ballet company so I can take my girl to the Nutcracker every year. I love my two little boys, but Oh how the Lord knew I needed a girl! I am grateful that I have a daughter who loves all things girly. I am grateful I have a little best friend to go through life with.
Brayden sure is getting bigger and bigger. We found out that the Benhams are coming out to visit and see our newest addition. We are so excited for them to come and show them around Misawa. They came out this last spring and we toured southern Japan, but now we get to show them around where we live. Brayden gets to meet his grandparents, and particularly his grandpa Brady who also is his birthday buddy. Both Abby and Connor are excited as well and ask every day if Grandma and Grandpa are coming. It's going to be the longest month for all of us as we anxiously wait for their arrival. Is it January 17th yet?!









No comments:
Post a Comment