We are starting to get into the swing of our new normal (that's what I am calling it these days). Kyle is gone, the kids are at a new school, but thankfully in person, and life just feels weird. It's almost like we are in limbo or the twilight zone, I cannot explain it. I sometimes feel like I'm reliving the same day over and over, like we are not getting anywhere cause everything still seems so far off in the distance. I just hope we will one day look back and laugh at this time in history... being quarantined, the world shut down.
Kyle had an extended labor day weekend so we decided we all needed to get out and have a little fun. We drove to Los Angeles and went to the beach... but apparently we were not the only ones that had that idea. The beach was packed! Since everything is shut down due to the pandemic it seems like the only thing people can do is go outside, and everyone thought why not the beach?! Despite the huge crows, we had a total blast playing in the sand, chasing waves, and spending time together as a complete family.I absolutely love the beach and could spend all day there with my kids. They entertain themselves for hours, and always seem to get along so nicely. If I could I would live near the ocean.
Layla has really been bonding with her older siblings. She loves to spend time with them and continues to grow like a weed. She talks non stop and I often forget she is only 18 months because she is so big she looks like a 3-4 year old. We all have different nick names for her, but my favorite one right now is "baby beluga."
We decided we needed a girls trip! Jenny, Melissa, and McKenzie and myself all ran away for the weekend to Flagstaff. Kaye came down to watch the kids so I could enjoy a little time away with friends. We had a great time, rented an Air BnB, ate lots of food, went hiking, and talked for hours on end. It was so refreshing and much needed on my end. I am grateful for such great friends in my life, and a mother in law that is willing to watch the kids so I can have a little "me" time while Kyle is away.
Kyle has been coming home most friday nights (gets in around midnight), and leaves Sunday mornings. It's not long but it's enough to help me with the crazy saturday schedules that consist of flag football games, soccer games, dance practice and rehearsals, and so much more. I actually feel like I can go run a few errands without 4 kids in tow, and of course we love any and all time we can get with Kyle right now.
Layla has really been bonding with her older siblings. She loves to spend time with them and continues to grow like a weed. She talks non stop and I often forget she is only 18 months because she is so big she looks like a 3-4 year old. We all have different nick names for her, but my favorite one right now is "baby beluga."
We decided we needed a girls trip! Jenny, Melissa, and McKenzie and myself all ran away for the weekend to Flagstaff. Kaye came down to watch the kids so I could enjoy a little time away with friends. We had a great time, rented an Air BnB, ate lots of food, went hiking, and talked for hours on end. It was so refreshing and much needed on my end. I am grateful for such great friends in my life, and a mother in law that is willing to watch the kids so I can have a little "me" time while Kyle is away.
Kyle has been coming home most friday nights (gets in around midnight), and leaves Sunday mornings. It's not long but it's enough to help me with the crazy saturday schedules that consist of flag football games, soccer games, dance practice and rehearsals, and so much more. I actually feel like I can go run a few errands without 4 kids in tow, and of course we love any and all time we can get with Kyle right now.
Layla has especially grown to be a daddy girl. She loves when Kyle comes back home and become instantly glued o his side. She cries and cries when he leaves again for the week, and I am afraid she is developing some form of separation anxiety, but boy is it cute to see the bond between those two. 3 months down, only 3 more to go. We have officially made it to the half way mark of this long TDY training and separation.
No comments:
Post a Comment