Wednesday, August 21, 2024

October 2020

Can I just say how much I love my husband and the sacrifice he makes to come home on the weekends to see us?! Knowing I get a little reprieve every weekend is honestly what gets me through the week, and to see my kids love on their dad makes the whole 32 hours with him so wonderful.
We watched General Conference, and thanks to grandma Kaye, we had plenty of treats and crafts to entertain us the entire time. There is something to be said about October in Arizona. I honestly think it's my favorite month of the year. The weather is absolutely gorgeous, there is always some kind of excitement/craft/activity that is Halloween related, and of course General Conference always makes for a wonderful time. I love Octobers!


We went up to visit Kyle on the weekend and of course had to stop and eat some Pepper lunch in Vegas. It is definitely easier for him to come down and visit us then for all of us to drive up to visit him but he was too busy this weekend so we made the sacrifice to come see him. Getting to spend time with him outweighs the sacrifices it takes for us to all be together these days.
My mom came into town to help me out for a week. Actually the main reason why she came is because I have been having health problems as of late. I think due to the stress of being on my own and trying to hold down the fort while Kyle is gone has started to affect me physically. I have started having mini seizures in which my eyes will fixate and lock on an object for a few seconds. I am aware of when it is taking place, but there is nothing I can do to prevent or stop them for occurring. Sadly after many tests and scans the doctors don't really know what is happening but are guessing it is stress induced, and that symptoms will not stop till my level of stress lightens up which we all know won't happen till December at least. I am just grateful it isn't anything TOO serious, but then again it still scares me that my body is physically being affected by all the stress. Another symptom is hair loss. I have lost so much hair as of late that I might need to start investing in hair extensions! Ugh, I just want it all to be over with so I can gain control over my life again.

While my mom was in town we had some fun and went to the pumpkin patch. The kids needed something to look forward to and they had an absolute blast! We got to play in the corn pit, jump on the blob, look at pumpkins, ride a little tractor ride, and pet some farm animals. I am doing the best I can to help my kids not be too affected by the absence of their dad. In return I am the one who is taking on all the suffering to the point where I am literally mentally and physically falling apart.









The kids helped me decorate the house for Halloween. They were so exited to add our latest halloween addition... casper, the blow up ghost. Now I need to build up the courage to carve all 4 of the kid's pumpkins. Wish me luck.
Our Connor boy had a birthday! He turned 6 and I can't believe how grown up he is looking lately. He is the nicest, sweetest, most innocently good little boy in the world. I love how smart and tender hearted he is. Thanks to Connor, I now have my own personal assistant because he keeps me on track with everyones schedules. He has a brain that is as sharp as a tack and nothing gets past him. This fall he tried flag football and has been loving it. I enjoy watching him grow and develop new talents.


I brought the kids to Take Five dance studio's staff and family halloween party. We all came as our pokemon characters and I was Ash (got to catch them all!) Basically we showed up, ate a bunch of sugar, the kids destroyed decorations, and then we left. One day I look forward to attending parties and events as a family and not having to apologetically leave early because my kids are terrors. 



Abby had a little halloween community performance with her dance team. She is actually loving dance and I love all the friends she is making. She still doesn't love ballet, but hey I'll just take it that she loves to dance!

Things have been getting pretty busy for Kyle lately at weapons school, but he is doing awesome! He is passing all his flights, and every time I meet someone who is currently instructing him through the program they can't stop bragging about how great of a pilot he is. To say we are proud is an understatement. 
I decided to be a cool mom and threw a little halloween party for the kids. We had some of our friends come over and we decorated halloween cupcakes, made a craft, played outside in the dark and even watched a halloween movie. Again here I am just trying to make my kid's lives carry on as normal with their dad being gone, but I in return become the crazy lady due to the sacrifices, hahaha. If they don't know by now there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them, I love them so much!!!


The rest of the month consisted of sports games, sports practice, dance, last minute runs to circle K for a caffeinated drink or slushy (momma lives for a large Dr. Pepper), and snuggles with Kyle when we see him. We can't wait for November to come and for us to celebrate Thanksgiving with Kyle. He gets 4 days off and we are SOOOO excited to spend more then 24 hours with him.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment