Saturday, February 1, 2025

July 2022

We are in full blown summer mode over here. Lots of swimming and splash pads to make it through the dead of summer Arizona heat. There really isn't much else you can do in Arizona in the summer. 


We decided to head up to St. George for the week to visit grandma and grandpa Benham. The kids always love going up and spending time with them as well as their Brewer cousins, so I try to make an effort to go up each summer. We have been doing it for years and even made the long trek to St George every summer when we lived in Japan. 

A trip to St. George wouldn't be complete with out a visit to the children's museum, lots of yummy drinks and treats, the house of jump indoor trampoline park, and of course Tuacahn Broadway shows. I love going to these musicals, and the kids enjoy them too. In fact Connor has turned into my musical loving child. I took him on a special one on one date to see Joseph and the Technicolored coat and he loved it. I also took the kids to see Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins. I loved them all and so enjoy any chance to see a live performance. Thanks grandma Kaye for the great tickets!













Summer is also not complete without the Hawkins summer movie pass. We love going each summer to the movies each week on our assigned day to watch new releases for pennies. For me it's an easy lunch cause my kids love popcorn so much I just buy two big bags and they down it all till they are full.
We had a great time during the 4th of July, and even got to put our new Bucee shirts to use. I love the 4th off July, but probably not as much as Kyle loves the 4th of July. When this holiday comes around Kyle turns into a patriotic hillbilly. He swims all day, wears his American flag tank top, and has the grill going all day long with everything from hot dogs to steaks cooking. It's just such a fun holiday with little to no stress where we all get to spend time together and be grateful for our freedom. God bless America.



No comments:

Post a Comment