Thursday, June 26, 2025

Connor's Baptism

 My sweet little Connor chose to be baptized. I am so proud of him and just love him to pieces. He actually got to be baptized on his birthday, October 15th. He thought that was pretty special, and has been looking forward to the day for a long time.

His baptism was in the evening and we were able to have an individual family baptism since it was over fall break and my parents and Brady and Kaye were in town for the occasion. My Cowan cousins even drove out from the east valley to make it special for Connor. 

I can't believe that I have two kids baptized. I try so hard to make it a special day for my kids, I even pull strings to make it an individual event because I feel like this should be recognized as a special occasion. It's the first step hopefully Connor will take along the covenant path to return back to our Heavenly Father's presence. Next he will get the priesthood, patriarchal blessing, go to the temple, serve a mission, and get married for time and all eternity. Now being the age of accountability, he will make choices and decisions that will affect him and he will be accountable for, good and bad. 

I want Connor to know that on this special day I felt the spirit. I felt the love our Heavenly Father has for him, and I too love him unconditionally. The gospel has brought me a lot of joy in my life, and has been a map to help me live a fulfilling life. Staying true to my covenants and choosing the right even when it is difficult brings the best rewards! When we choose the right we feel so good, but when we choose the wrong, and that will happen, we can get that same good feeling through repentance. Our Savior made it possible for us to have eternal joy. He knows we are not perfect, and doesn't expect us to be. All He asks is that we do our best, live a little better with each passing day, and share the love and light that He gives us with others. Don't forget that you aren't just a number, you are a son of God! He knows you, your Savior knows you, and you are so loved and cared for.









No comments:

Post a Comment