Thursday, June 26, 2025

November 2022

Well, I decided I should try to get a job. I wanted something at the school so I could work near my kids and have similar hours. Things have been a little tight for us with some expenses of our kids activities adding up and until Kyle can switch over to the airlines I am hoping my small side income can help contribute and relieve some financial strain. So I applied at ALA where the kids go to school and I was offered the attendance clerk position at the Junior High/High school. I started November 1st and have really been enjoying the ladies I work with in the front office. 

The adjustment has been a little stressful now that I don't have my days while the kids are gone to get stuff done, but we are learning our new normal. 
We finally got around to having Connor's big birthday party since his 8th birthday is a big birthday year. I don't always throw birthday parties for my kids cause lets be honest, it's a lot of work and stressful! So we pick certain birthdays to be "big party" years. He wanted to do nighttime games so we played glow in the dark soccer, and capture the flag with pizza and cake. I think all the boys had fun.
We had a special opportunity to meet President Uchtdorf! He came to tour Luke AFB and Kyle was chosen as one of the pilots to show him around. Apparently Uchtdorf served here at Luke for some times when he too was a military pilot for the German Air Force. While here for his visit, he and his wife held a special fireside for military members of the church. So it was a small, intimate meeting where we got to talk to him, and ask questions. It was very special, and a night I will always remember meeting one of the Lord's servants. 

Both he and his wife took the time to meet with everyone individually. They shook my kids hands, and took pictures, they asked about us and you could feel the Savior's love through them both. It was impossible to not feel the spirit. I am forever grateful for this experience and that my kids could be in attendance as well. I know that the Lord is aware of the struggles and challenges we expereice in the military. It's not easy, and often stressful and exhausting, but knowing that together (yes, together cause our whole little family contributes) we are aiding the Lord's work for all of His's children to have freedom to worship where and how they may, brings so much satisfaction to my life.


Well, sometimes life just hits you hard. I woke up on Sunday not feeling well, but decided to get ready for church and see if the queasiness would go away. It didn't, and I decided to stay home from church. I started to puke up bile and know something wasn't right. I thought perhaps my appendix, but later found out after Kyle took me to the hospital that it was my gallbladder. I had developed some gallstones while pregnant with Brayden but they kind of went dormant till this day. One of the stones got lodge in the bile duct and the doctors suggested that they remove my entire gallbladder since it wasn't looking good either. So emergency surgery took place, and now I'm on the mend. Of course this would happen to me. Of course I would have to tell my new job right after starting that I would need a week off to recover, ugh! Sometime life gives you lemons, and in all truth I don't know how to make lemonade out of it. I do feel like between developing celiacs disease and now this, my body is screaming at me that something is not right! Hopefully I can figure things out and get my health back on track.
Right before Thanksgiving I flew up to Utah for Katie's baby shower. I love my baby sister and can't believe she is going to be a mom soon. She will be the best mom, and I can't wait to meet my newest nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment