We decided to have a special Come Follow Me lesson with the kids and took a field trip to the Mesa City Cemetery. There we were able to find lots of our ancestors on the Macdonald side, including my grandparents. I never understood why cemeteries are "spooky" to some. I always get a calm and reassuring feeling whenever I visit them. It's almost as if the plan of Salvation is imprinting on my mind there, that this is just a resting stop, a holding pin, a minor pause for our bodies int he grand scheme of eternity until we are resurrected again. How grateful I am to know that the grave has no victory, and we all shall rise again all in thanks to a loving Savior.
Since we were over in Mesa we had to meet up with our cousins! Brooke brought her boys to a nearby splash pad and of course we brought the slushies. The kids always have a great time together, I just wish we were closer then 45 mins away from them.
Brayden was star student in his Kindergarten class. I got to go in and watch him give a little presentation about himself, and it was quite possibly the cutest thing I ever saw. I sure love my little boy, my sunshine, full of life Brayden.
Kyle took the boys up to Utah for his annual BYU football game. They had the best time and even ran into my brother, Davey! Next year I am hoping that the girls and I can all tag along too... I just worry about Layla and if she is able to sit through a long game.
Since the boys were off having fun in Provo, I took Abby to Ballet Arizona's dancing under the stars show. It's a free performance that they do around the Phx valley, and it's outside. It's a lot of fun and a special night just for me and my fellow dancing loving daughter.
It's almost time for Connor to get baptized. I ordered him a new suite and took pictures of him outside the Phoenix temple, but this night was definitely not an easy one. On the way to the temple I didn't see that my lane was ending and a median was in the way so I ended up going over the median which popped my front right tire. When I say popped I mean exploded! I barely was able to control the vehicle and pull off to the side of the road. Since we were trying to beat the sun going down for the night, and being literally 1 block away from the temple, Connor and decided to sprint the rest of the way to the temple, took some pictures, and then called Kyle to come and help us. Luckily he was in town and was able to come put the spare tire on my car so I could take it in for a new tire later. After I cried about the whole situation and my adrenaline wore off, I was able to talk to Connor about how this was a perfect example of how sometimes life doesn't go the way we plan. Trials will come up, and the advisory will do anything he can to stop us from going to the temple or doing what's right but we have to push through and can endure with our Savior's help. Keeping our sight set on the temple is the key to making it through this life with hope, joy, and love. We could have just sat in the car and cried until Kyle came and got us, but we were determined to make it to the temple, and in life if we do the same the Lord will bless us.




No comments:
Post a Comment