That night I went to my first 13th squadron spouses "coffee night." Again everyone was so welcoming and it was nice to make some more friends with other wives that understand the crazy lifestyle and schedule we live due to our husband's jobs. Next up is the dining in activity at the end of the month which I am told will not disappoint. It should be a fun night out for us spouses. It's fun to be a lady Panther!!!
This week Connor perfected his rolling skills. Belly to back, back to belly, you name it the kid has it down now. I don't know where he gets his energy but he is ALWAYS moving, kicking, rolling, bouncing, scooting, and waving his arms. Both him and Abby make me exhausted just watching them (for fun I watched Abby for 2 minutes while she watched one of her shows and she got up and down from the couch 9 times! 9 times! I thought movies were suppose to be relaxing, but obvously I was wrong. Movies are for climbing practice and exercise apparently). Speaking of movies, I think we are moving past Frozen (hallelujah!) and on to Despicable Me. Let's see how long this movie makes its run.
Thursday was an eventful day. It was Connor's wellness check up and shots appointment. Connor handled it like a champ, but Abby on the other hand certainly knew how to get EVERYONES attention. Full blown 2 year old temper tantrums were thrown all over the medical clinic that day. They were so bad that I am sure there is some sign posted saying we are never allowed back ever again. In the words of Taylor Swift (yes I even tried to bribe Abby with Taylor Swift music videos that she loves but it didn't work) I tried to "shake it off" but by the end of our visit I was so embarrassed and at my wits end that we just came straight home to hide from the world. Being a mom to an almost 2 year old is not all rainbows, bubbles, and kisses all the time. It definitely has it's trying moments, and I am experiencing those moments more frequently these days.
As I told Kyle, the "honeymoon" stage of being new in Japan is starting to wear off. Abby is starting to realize that we are not going anywhere and this is home and has been pushing her boundaries as far as she can. I also am going crazy with nothing to do all day being trapped in an empty home because I have no car to escape and get out with the kids. It's like everyday is a constant reminder when I see our FMO furniture that we don't have our stuff and are just waiting, waiting, waiting. I just want to be settled in and start my life but I feel like I can't cause we are waiting, waiting, waiting for everything to arrive. The thing that helps ground me is when I see how my two kids are doing fine without "things" and are not complaining for things they want or miss. And just like that I am humbled and realize I need to stop being a diva.
Lately both Abby and Connor have been interactinng more together and it just melts my heart. Connor loves to kick off his socks only to have Abby swoop in to help put them back on his feet. Little does she realize that he actually doesn't want his socks on, hence he kicked them off. It's still fun to see how worried she gets over Connor and watch her step into the role of big sister. Poor Connor just endures being a little brother and all that comes with that... including having to sit in a pink chair and wear dress up necklaces.
Other fun things that took place this week were that I finally started teaching ballet again! I teach just one class so far on Monday nights at a studio off base. Once I get security clearance to work on base I am hoping to pick up some more classes at the Youth center. It has been a year since I last taught so I felt rusty but it also felt amazing to get back to what I love doing. Abby also decided that she no longer needed assistance to go down the big slides at the weasel den play set. She certainly is quite the independent and brave little spirit. Let's just say she lives life to the fullest.
So the funny (yet trivial) story of the week happened when Kyle and I were driving back from the Commisassry after doing our weekly grocery run. We saw this strange creature just off the side of the road so we slowed down to see what it was. To our horror it was the creepiest looking deer/goat/warthog looking thing. Now don't get me wrong all creatures are beautiful in their own way, but this thing was down right ugly with its shaggy coat and glaring eyes. I swear it was going to come eat me in my sleep... Well at least haunt my dream hahaha. After talking with our friends, Rachel and Mike Dreher, we were not going to rest till we knew what the creature was. They found out and informed us that it was a native Japanese Serow from our description. When we saw the picture, low and behold there was the creepy critter! It might look harmless but the one we saw looked hairy and scary. I shall be avoiding the little demon goats during our stay in Japan :). And now everyone knows what a Serow looks like.
We got a new addition to the family this week... A red flyer wagon! Abby sure has loved it and I can't wait for Connor to be able to sit up on his own so he too can enjoy it. I foresee many walks to the base beach for some fun in the sun with our little red wagon this summer.
We ended the week with a change in command ceremony for the 13th squadron. A lot of changes are taking place in the squadron, but the one thing that always stays the same is Panther Pride, Cave Putorium!








EWWWW....Kyle's mustache!!! Hang in there Jenny! I keep telling myself that being a mother is the most humbling experience because I get to be humbled multiple times a day...mostly in public!
ReplyDeleteLets stay far, far away from those serow creatures!!
ReplyDelete