It was a tough week in the Benham household cause Kansas lost and was therefore eliminated from the tournament. March madness is almost considered a holiday here for us. For Kyle I would say it's just as big as Christmas for him. As you can see Connor didn't catch much of the game, but he still showed his support with his jammies. Better luck next year Jayhawks.
I have really enjoyed watching Abby and Connor interact more and more each and every week. This week we hit a new level of love in this house as Abby wanted to hold Connor. Up to this point she has never wanted to hold him or even really sit by him. My guess is she looks at him like this little twerp that gets in the way of all the things she is trying to do (like bug mom). Now I see little glimpses of them interacting together and showing interest in one another that it gives me hope that one day they will play and entertain each other. That will be the life I tell you all. The day I can clean the house or do a project while the kids play and entertain themselves instead of having to wait for nap time or bedtime. It sounds almost too good to be true, I don't want to jinx it!
This weeks Japanese excursion took place at kiku zushi. It is a cute little restaurant just right outside the base gates. The best part is the tables are lowered like traditional Japanese tables (Abby height to eat) and each table is enclosed in a little room (Abby can run around and not annoy anyone else). This restaurant must of been thinking of us when they built the place ;). The food, like always, was delicious. Between the crab, shrimp, sushi, soup and rice we had quite the spread. Yes, you heard me correctly, sushi! This time around it was better. Maybe that means it's growing on us? We will still occasionally have sushi now and then to see if it tastes any better. After all... When in Japan, eat sushi!
Saturday rolled around and that meant the spouses dining in. It was quite the night! Each squadron had a movie theme and had to decorate their table and dress up according to their film. The 13FS chose the movie "A League of Their Own." All the ladies ordered the actual costume or should I say uniforms from the movie. Since I got here only a month a go there was no time for me to order the costume so me and the rest of the "last minute" ladies from the squadron wore the baseball style squadron shirt. Luckily our colors are red and black which matched the costumes.
The night was filled with delicious dinner, toasts, and the grogg! If you violate any of the rules or have someone state a compliant against you, Madame President (wing commanders wife) gets to choose whether or not the offense is severe enough for the grogg. Now the grogg is a toilet bowl filled with lovely alcoholic concoctions. Thankfully there was also a non alcoholic grogg as well as our whole squadron was sent to the grogg!!! We didn't know the score from the game in our movie and therefore had to pay tribute to the grogg. It was all in fun and jest. I personally think we got ratted out out of jealousy cause everyone wishes they could be a lady Panther :).
After 5 hours the event finally came to an end, and it's a good thing it did. Let's just say there were quite a few women that were heavily intoxicated. Being that I don't drink I am kinda of always the assigned designated driver. That's fine with me, no tears over that cause "there's no crying in baseball!"









No comments:
Post a Comment