Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

One more week till Kyle is back! Then we can celebrate Father's Day (and Mother's Day) properly. He is such a hard working, fun, patient guy. We are all lucky to have him in our lives. I think the song "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" has a whole new meaning for us now!

Well this week we did our best to stay busy like usual. Squadron lunch, Ward play group, squadron play group, library time, and some other fun scheduled events... Like doctor appointments and shots for everyone. HA! Both kids whimpered the whole car ride back home after their shots. Talk about drama queen and king. We did sign Abby up this week with the library summer reading program. I don't think she had a clue what was going on but she loved the music and the maracas they gave her. The theme is "read to the rhythm." I just hope she continues to get excited about reading in the years to come as she does now.
Connor turned 8 months this week. He continues to play with the idea of crawling and gets in the position and everything. He does do a lot of scooting around though and has mastered spitting in everyone's faces. He thinks it's so funny, but to me on the other hand...not so much. He gives the best toothy grins, and already fits into 9 month clothing. 

I finally finished his blanket this week. So now Abby has hers and Connor has his. I hope these blankets get lots of snuggles and cuddles over the next couple years. I love making things for my babies that I know they will enjoy. Now the real challenge will be to keep Abby away from Connor's blankies. She has a blankie hoarding issue and has already been eyeing his. 

The base beach opened up this week so of course we had to go check it out. It was a little over cast so we practically had the whole beach to ourselves. They do a good job to appeal to all types of people cause there are playsets for the kids, dog park for the dog lovers, paddle boats and kayaks for the adventuresome individuals, and fire pits and covered areas for parties. It is just about a 10 minute walking distance from our house so we will be visiting the base beach a lot this summer!
Our Japanese excursion took place at Namiki farms this week. We went with our friends from the squadron and got to eat yummy gelato and play around on the farm. Abby had so much fun that she passed up the gelato just so she could keep playing. They even had a pink tractor, so of course I made Abby take a picture on it. Both Abby and Connor were exhausted and slept good on the drive back home. It was a fun day enjoying rural Japan.







So, the big news is we found out that Kyle will be leaving in August for ANOTHER TDY assignment. This time it's to Singapore for 3-4 weeks (or so we have been told). This last TDY with him gone to Alaska has really been rough on all of us. Being a single mom for 2 months, kids missing their dad, dad missing his family, we decided that as much as possible we want to be together. So with that said... We are going to Singapore too!!!! The kids and I plan to take the rotator hop to Yokota down in Tokyo, then another hop to Singapore where we most likely will be able to stay with Kyle in his hotel room. It will be quite the adventure and I am already looking into all the fun things we can do in Singapore while Kyle is working. Tokyo in July, Singapore in August. We are taking advantage of living abroad and seeing the world :)

1 comment:

  1. Such cute kiddos! I am traveling vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete