This week has just been a catch up week. Kyle catching up at work, me catching up on cleaning the house, and the kids catching up on sleep. It seems like every time we come back from the states it gets harder and harder for the kids to adjust to the time difference. Even though it has taken them 5 days to get back on schedule I will take it cause in return they were AMAZING on the 10 hour fight back home to Japan.
We were in the front row of the plane which gave us more foot room to wiggle around a bit. Both the kids fell asleep on the floor (in a makeshift little bed we made) for a solid 4 hours on the flight. After that we walked the ailes, watched plenty of the little mermaid, and played with our new favorite toy from Nonna, a ballerina puzzle.
It's always hard to get back to life and obligations after a trip, but none of the less they come whether we want them to or not. It was back to Preschool for Abby, and teaching ballet for me. I am currently setting the recital piece on my beginning pointe class and a solo for a girl I teach privates to. Choreographing isn't my favorite thing to do, so I just need to buck up and get it done. I personally enjoy learning/ teaching variations as well as working on technical aspects to ballet.
We also had Abby screened this week for speech therapy. She is delayed in speech, but they said that is because she comes from a bilingual home and that is to be expected. She did not meet the requirements (which is good) to receive help with her speech. In fact they said they were impressed with her comprehension of both Italian and English. So she understands, we just have to keep working with her in pronunciation and communicating. I feel at least better now that we had an official screening take place so I know she is ok. I just want to do whatever is best for my kids, and if that means I need to be a pushy mom and get them tested, so be it!
We went to our ward Halloween party/ trunk or treat/ chili cook off. Abby and Connor had a blast, Kyle enjoyed making his spicy chili to share with all, and I loved the fact that I got to eat most of Abby and Connor's candy. I call it the mommy tax... I wipe your poopy butt, you give me Halloween candy. Somehow I still feel like I'm getting the "stinky" end of the deal :).
On Halloween we finally got around to carving our pumpkins. Abby's new favorite saying is "I helping." So the whole time she was cleaning out her pumpkin she kept saying "I helping" over and over. The funny thing is she really never helps the process, she just hurts it. For example, when I do dishes she brings her little tot stool over and splashes water everywhere saying "I helping." She is too cute to get mad at... most of the time. She has a good heart, and means well. I just can't wait for the day when she really is helping me :).
Trick or treating on base is legit!!! All the homes are close together and there is a set time that trick or treating is allowed. So everyone is out trick or treating at the same time. We just stayed on our street and went to our friends places. Along the way to our many stops we saw lots of fun costumes and decorations. Neighbors were handing out hot cider and cocoa, and since we all work together, live by each other, and are friends, it makes for a fun community type of night.
I loved dressing Abby and Connor up in matching minion costumes this year. I think this may be the last year I can get away with picking their costumes without them having a say or opinion though. Something tells me Abby will want to pick out her costume next year. It was fun while it lasted.
I have never been a super big Halloween fan. I mean a holiday where we dress up, ask people for candy, and watch scary movies is a bit strange in my opinion. I will say this though, having kids makes the holiday WAY more fun and exciting. There is just something about little kids and their innocence and excitement that gets you all geared up for the holidays. With that said, I am ready for Christmas!!!!






Such cuties!
ReplyDelete