Well, you guessed it, Kyle is gone... Again. We are starting to think this is going to be a trend in our lives. This time he was TDY to Korea. Luckily it's just a week this time and not a couple months. So the kids and I do what we always do when it's just the three of us to help pass the time, that is to stay busy. We set up our Christmas decorations (yes I know it's the beginning of November, but we will be gone for Thanksgiving and I want the decor up and ready for the Christmas season when we get back from our trip. And not to mention it gave us a "project" to do around the house) and ran a bunch or errands. I started building a bench for Abby's room, and reoranged Connor's room. I started making gifts for the Young Women I now get to serve in our Ward for their Young Women's in Excellence night, and decided to paint our entry wall with chalkboard paint. I figure with the snow lurking in the background, having a chalkboard wall would be a fun activity for the kids to do inside where it's warm. Plus I get to write cute little sayings and greetings. Over all it was a very productive week.
Abby did not have Daiichi school this week due to it being a Japanese holiday, but she did have dance. I told her the morning of that she had dance and needed to be a good girl and listen to her teacher, Ms Gigi. All day she begged for her tap shoes and kept giving me the cheesiest grin when we would talk about dance. I hope she keeps up that cute grin when she gets on stage for her recital come March! She's got the stage presence down... Now we just need to work on remembering her dance :).
As productive as we all were this week, there was one who was lazier than ever! Whenever Kyle is gone Sandy turns into a slug and mopes around the house. If I didn't know better I would think she didn't love me (no worries, she makes up for her cold shoulder behavior toward me by snuggling up at night time at the foot of our bed). If ever I couldn't find Sandy I would just check our bed, where she would be keeping Kyle's side warm for him. She really is such a sweetheart, we all love that dog so much.
As tradition when Kyle is TDY, we went to McDonalds to eat/ play. I invited the other ladies and their kids from the squadron to join us and we had quite the turn out. I mean who wouldn't want to eat greasy fast food that resembles the closest to American food you can get in Japan, while socializing with friends and having your kids run around burning off energy?!?! It honestly is a win, win, win situation. Connor however, decided that the party was over when he peed on my leg. Yeah, I am still learning that boys and girls are different, and though I put him in a diaper somehow every now and then his little "guy" seems to escape and cause leakage on my leg when holding him. Of course I was embarrassed but all I could do was laugh. It's not the first time I've been peed on and I'm sure it's not the last.
Towards the end of the week my energy and motivation started to dwindle. The thought of cooking just caused premature moaning and groaning from me. So, pizza night it was! We all got bundled up, and loaded up in the wagon for a stroll to Anthony's Pizza. It's a little pizza shop on north base just a 5 minutes walk from our house. The kids loved the stroll, and holding the pizza on our way back home. I just loved that I didn't have to cook!
So the latest movie fad in our home is "The Little Mermaid." Abby likes to sing along to the part where the sea witch takes Ariels voice. Why that's her favorite part I have no idea. Should I be a little worried that the most evil and kniving part in the whole movie is her favorite part? All I have to say is when Abby busts out Ursela's cackle I can't help but laugh. Now Connor has picked up on it too and starts adding his part to the movie. He sings the Ariel part where she looses her voice, and Abby does the witch cackle... Too bad Haloween is over Abby. I think they should audition for the little mermaid on Broadway. I bet they would nail the roles.
Thankfully the kids were saints Sunday morning and let me dress them in their Sunday best for Church. Unfortunately that sainthood wore off about 30 minutes into Sacrament meeting. Then the desperate, drowning, single mom that I was started ripping everything out of my bag to keep them quiet and entertained. By the end of Sacrament meeting It looked as if our pew had just endured the battle of Ghetysburg. Crayons, gold fish, puzzle pieces, and stickers were everywhere.
It was the drive home from church that I had a little "coming to" moment. I decided my theme or mantra during our time in Misawa will be "embrace the chaos." My life is chaotic right now with Kyle being gone all the time, juggling 2 little kids, trying to teach ballet, working with the Young women in the ward, trying to attend squadron functions, and traveling here and there. Not to mention all the little things like taking Abby to preschool, starting potty training in the next couple of weeks, etc, etc. Even though I'm sure I come across as a nut case to those around me I just need to not worry about what they think and try to enjoy or embrace the chaos im currently in. So what if my kids basically recreated a battle field at church with their goldfish and crayons tossed everywhere? There is a time and season for everything, and right now it's time for me to be the crazy lady with two small kids. So for now, you can find me sandwiched between a terrible 2 tornado and a sly, mischievous 1 year old fox.
Kyle got to catch up with some buddies that were also involved with the exercise that took place in Korea. It's always fun to run into other Air Force friends, helps me remember that it really is a small world Afterall. CP! and PIU! Glad you are having fun Kyle, but we are ready for you to come back home. We miss our husband and babbo.










No comments:
Post a Comment