Like always, it feel like as soon as we return from a trip we have so much to catch up on. Connor has officially started going to hiyoko gumi class at Daiichi. It was the class/daycare that Abby started off with before going to school full time. He seems to be doing great! His senseis say he needs to keep working on listening and following directions, but he's coming along. I almost laughed when they told me that cause I was like AMEN! We are still working on that at home as well. What can I say, both of my kids are VERY strong willed and have type A personalities. They do what they want when they want and they are focused on what they put their mind to. I try to tell myself that these are characteristics of successful people, but man is it a pain in the butt to have 2 strong willed toddlers!
Abby and Connor had a festival on Saturday at Daiichi. Abby got to participate in the dance and she did great. We had quite the adventure getting to the festival though...
We were required to bring a picnic blanket to sit on at the festival, however in Japan they don't use actual blankets. They are these little foam reusable mats. So we left a little early to go pick one up at the store Homac which is not too far from the kids school. As soon as we left the main gates we heard a weird noise but kept driving to Homac since the roads are so narrow and have no place to pull over and check it out. Finally we figured out the issue upon our arrival to Homac... flat tire. Not just a flat tire but completely shredded tire!! The main gate has tire shredders exiting the base and they have been having a lot of issues with people getting their tires popped on them lately. Lucky for us we can now join the club. I am just so grateful Kyle was there cause I had no idea what to do with a flat tire in a foreign country. Where to go, who to call, or even what to do!
So while we waited for the tow truck to come we ran over to Abby's school which took us about 15 minutes so the kids could participate in the festivities. At the festival the kids got to play different games and eat shaved ice. We did not stay for the fireworks because we had to take care of the flat tire incident, but I think overall the kids had fun.
Connor has gotten into a new habit for his bedtime routine. I personally think he is just perfecting the art of procrastination for bedtime, but now we have to rock him in the rocking chair. Don't get me wrong, we love the extra snuggles, but it is a pain now that both kids seem to add on to their bedtime routine almost daily. Abby has to read 3 books, and get a drink of water as well as pray, brush teeth, and singing all the princess songs. It's almost now up to 30 minutes before they can actually go to bed! Spoiled rotten. Since Kyle is leaving I have been making him do the bedtime routines cause we all know he will get 2 months break while I get none!









No comments:
Post a Comment