Tball season has officially started. Abby is playing on the 3/4 year old team and they are called the Pirates. She is one of 3 girls on the team and the rest are all boys. On the first day of practice the kids all got their jerseys and gear and met their coach. Since they are so young they never actually play games, they just practice twice a week for an hour for July and August. The point of the smart start program is that the kids have fun, stay active, and learn the basics of the sport.
They finally started learning some skills like throwing and catching, but where is Abby? She was the only kid chasing butterflys, coming over to me for a snack, ect. She was THAT kid on the team that just couldn't focus. I was so embarrassed as the coach tried several times to keep her engaged. I don't know if her attention span is just too short or that she just didn't enjoy it.
I decided to give it another shot and we went to the next practice to see how she would do. Luckily she did better. In fact every practice she got better and better, to where she was excited to go play Tball and listened to coach Tim the whole time frame! I am not expecting her to be some amazing ball player, I just wanted her to have fun, learn some social and listening skills, and continue to work on her coordination.
Overall she loves it now, but it was a slow start. I'm just sad Kyle has to miss everything being gone TDY. He left this past week and will be gone for two months. His TDY this time around is to Malaysa and Alaska. I am already done being a single mom and ready for some help again around the house and with the kids. I did not sign up for the Air Force, Kyle did but somehow I feel as if I am more affected by this lifestyle than he is.
To make matters worse they started AC installation in our unit. We are required to be there while they are inside, however they are in every room installing and wiring for the machines. So I am confused as where we can be if we can't be in our house?! Not to mention it has rained almost all week long so we can't just be outside. So I have gotten creative on how to let the kids take naps by driving all around Misawa AB. Honestly his has been the hardest, most difficult TDY yet! Horrible weather, construction in our home so we can't even hang out there, and the kids have been really irritable with all the change. I am ready to just get out of here! I hope our trip back to the states this next week is not difficult, cause I am in desperate need of a break!






No comments:
Post a Comment