The cats out of the bag! We finally found out the gender of our third child and told our families that we are expecting, again! We are excited to welcome another baby boy come December 6th. I'm hoping this little guy is on the same track as Abby and Connor and decides to come 2 weeks early as well.
The funny thing is both Kyle and I were very confident that Abby was a girl and that Connor was a boy. This time around we were almost positive it was going to be a girl, so going into the ultrasound we were expecting a regular routine and for our guesses to be confirmed. Since Kyle is gone TDY I tried to call him during the ultrasound but was unable to get a hold of him. So I just found out and then contacted him later to let him know that we were way off on our guess! We even had a girl name picked out... Looks like we are back to square one and have to come up with a boy name now.
Once the shock passed that were were way off on our prediction, we both felt so happy and felt that it was right that we were having another boy. Connor needs a little buddy to play with, toss a ball around with or even wrestle to the ground. Abby on the other hand can hold her own. She is a sassy, bossy, manipulative older sister that will do just fine with two little brothers. Connor's sweet personality needs a little brother to take care of. As of now we feel that this kid will complete our little family and we can't wait to meet him.
It actually feels like the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to shine through. We started packing for our trip back to the states, or should I say hopeful trip back to the states. We are going to take the trains down to Yokota since the runway is closed here in Misawa, and then try to catch a space A flight back to the states. It's peak PCS season so it's not going to be easy to catch a flight, but we are using our EML leave that will bump is up a category and priority in hopes we have a better chance. Just packing makes me excited cause I am ready to get out of here! I need a break with Kyle being gone, AC installation and being kicked out of our home, and the wet rainy season going on here in Misawa. Even the kids are ready for an adventure.
It was our last week with our dear friends the Nelsons. Not only was Dan the Bishop of our ward, he was also my dentist helping me out with the dental implant process. Linsey helped me out with family history and countless times with watching my kiddos. Danielle their daughter always babysat and was an awesome Young Woman in our youth program, and they lived just two buildings down from us. Even little Avie, their youngest, would always be so sweet to Abby and paint her nails which Abby loves! They will be missed for sure, but we are excited to keep in touch with them and hear about their new adventures in Idaho.
Since all of our husbands are gone, almost all us single ladies in the 13th squadron went blueberry picking together at a nearby farm. It was rainy (of course) but that didn't damper our spirits. All the kids loved picking and eating the blueberries. Connor ate so much that lets just say his next two dirty diapers had a blueish hue to them. It's things like going to pick berries that I just love about Misawa. We live a more simple life over here in Japan, but the experiences that we all are getting, especially my kids, are priceless! Kyle and I both agree on spending our time and money on travel and experiences over things. In the end, these memories and experiences will be what we remember the most and help shape our kids into the cultured people we want them to be.
Connor's lovely locks were getting too luscious. We took him to the barber on base and he did great! I think he was scared of the clippers cause he sat perfectly still the whole time. Of course Abby wanted to get her hair cut too. So Abby got to visit "mommy's home salon" after where I gave her a nice little trim. Both kids are well groomed and ready to go back to the states for some fun!
Since we are leaving this next week Abby had her last T-ball practice. I am so proud of how far she has come in T-ball. From crying and complaining that she doesn't want to go, to being excited about practices and listening to coach. We will see how she does with basketball in the fall, and soccer in the spring. Overall I would have to say t-ball was a success and we will sign her back up again next summer.
I also taught my last summer ballet classes to my students. They have all been working very hard and I am excited to see them again in September when fall classes pick up. I think having a month break will be good for them and for me. I am a firm believer of taking a break and spending some time with family, and for my students to truly be kids and play before school starts back up. As much as I would love extremely dedicated dancers that come 6 days a week for several hours, I realize that this is a recreational program and I want to keep it fun for the kids and avoid any burn out. So once a week classes with a month summer break is perfect I think.
Abby had to say goodbye to her best friend at school, Tre. They both go to Daiichi and are inseparable according to their sensei. This has been a rough summer with a lot of Abby's closest friends moving away. She still is young enough that it doesn't effect her too much, but she is definitely old enough to realize what's going on.
We met up with Tre and his mom Kida (my good friend) for one last play date at the park, where the kids had a ball running around together. I keep telling myself these are not "goodbyes" but "see you laters" and it helps me cope with the constant change the Air Force brings.
Luckily the night before we left to head down to Yokota it was the Tanabata festival in Misawa. The actual festival is suppose to take place on the 7th day in the 7th month of the year, but Misawa was a little late at getting the festival up and going. Once again, it rained, but we still went and enjoyed ourselves! We met up with squadron friends and ate yummy street vender food, played around with the beautiful lanterns that lit up the entire street, danced to music, and walked around taking in all the sights and smells. It was a fun evening, and a great way for us to remember Misawa on a positive note as we start our journey back to the states. It's been a rough summer, but this festival was definitely a highlight.



















No comments:
Post a Comment