Tuesday, July 5, 2016

More birthday fun

Busy, busy week! Abby had her school birthday celebration. Parents are allowed to attend the month of our child's birthday, so this was my first time going to one of these "celebrations" at Daiichi. It was super cute, they had all the birthday kids march into the grand room in front of their peers and one by one come up to the microphone and say when their birthday was and what things they like and want to be when they grow up. Of course when it was Abby's turn she just stood there so Sensei Tomoe helped her and told the school Abby likes ice cream and juice and wants to become a princess... that pretty much sums Abby up in a couple words, hahaha. 

Then the 3 year olds got to blow out 3 candels, the 4 year olds 4, etc., etc. The teachers put on a puppet show for all the kids, and the birthday students got to end the event off with doing a special dance in front of their peers. I was so impressed with how well Abby knew the song and dance, she was going to town! Now she won't stop talking about her birthday at school and how much she loves going to school. I am so glad Daiichi has turned out to be such a wonderful experience for her.



Someone else had a birthday this week, my main man Kyle. He turned the big 30 on June 30th, his golden birthday year. I wish I could say we did more to celebrate but with his work schedule and his lack of wanting to do anything for his birthday, the kids and I opted to make him brownies and surprise him when he got home from work. Sadly his gift that I ordered is late (squadron posters for all places we have been stationed at so far) now I'm just hoping it makes it here before he leaves on his TDY next month. That's one big thing that stinks about living over seas... it takes forever for mail to get here! All I have to say is 30 never looked so good. Happy birthday Kyle, we love you to pieces!
We FINALLY had Abby's birthday party on July 1st. I rented a pavilion at the base beach as we had a "little mermaid under the sea" themed party. All the kids played in the water and ate some snacks. It was a low key birthday but I think all the kids had fun. I am grateful the weather cooperated and it was nice and sunny. 

Abby loved all the attention and officially thinks she doesn't have a birthDAY but a birthMONTH. She thinks everyday is her birthday! Well, in her defense, it has been a crazy year with celebrating her birthday a little here and a little there. So yes Abby, you are right, it's been your birthmonth, happy birthmonth to you! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment