Monday, May 8, 2017

Happy Easter

We had somewhat of a disjointed Easter this year.  In fact the Easter bunny came twice! I wanted Kyle to be a part of Easter with the kids before he left on his 3 month TDY, but we were not prepared since we had just gotten back from Nagano and he was scheduled to leave the next day. So the Easter bunny hid some eggs for the kids while they got to open their Easter gifts grandma Kaye sent them. Thanks to Kaye my kids always look adorable and fashionable. Their little Easter outfits were so stinking cute! Connor got a blue and green plaid shirt, blue tweed shorts, a bow tie, and matching dinosaur fedora hat (Connor is obsessed with hats so this was definitely his favorite part to his ensemble). Brayden got the cutest robins egg blue overall outfit that was so perfect for spring, and Abby got cute sandals and head band to match her pretty pink dress (of course it was pink, that's practically the only color she will wear these days). 

The following weekend the Easter bunny made it again, but this time was a little more prepared and left some beach toys and shoes, coloring books, and Paw Patrol movies. Thank goodness my kids are still too young to pick up on the fact that the Easter bunny wasn't prepared and that the Easter bunny is in fact me! They just thought it was so cool that he came twice this year. Whew, dodged that bullet...thank you kids for your innocence and belief in the Easter bunny! This is probably the last time I can get away with not being prepared because Abby is turning 4 this year and starting to pick up on some things. 



We said our goodbyes to Kyle as he left for the next three months on yet again another TDY. This time he is off to Alaska for a month and half, then over to Korea for the remaining time. Hopefully they come home sooner then their projected date, but that all depends on how quickly they can repair the runway in Misawa. Even though he has been gone for just a couple days things have not been too bad so far. I think it's because I am mainly in denial that I am all on my own with three kids (THREE kids!) for the next several months in a foreign country with little to no help. I am sure I will break down at some point, but right now I am too busy with my upcoming dance recital, Abby's school, and other activities to even think about how lonely I am.

Abby had her open house at school. I was able to attend her class in the morning and see what they do. Her understanding of Japanese is amazing, and she loves to sing all the songs. She is one of only two americans in her class, but that doesn't phase her one bit. She is so social and everyone is her friend. I got to see her cubby, and together the parents and kids played a game to get to know each other. I didn't understand anything anyone was saying since it was all in Japanese. When it was my turn one of Abby's Senseis asked me to share an activity both Abby and I enjoy doing. Her Sensei speaks English really well which is so nice when it comes to communication between the two of us about Abby. I shared that Abby and I both enjoy dancing and we love ballet. Once the teacher translated what I said to the rest of the parents everyone smiled and nodded. Her teacher said that makes sense since Abby always does so well in her dancing parts for school festivals and performances. That made me so happy to hear. 



After open house we celebrated (more like kept ourselves distracted that Kyle is gone) by grabbing a donut. Food always makes things even better, especially when that food is a donut. We then headed to the park (again to stay distracted) for a fun afternoon. The kids are loving that the weather is warming up and that I am opening up to the idea of escaping the house to go outside. They would play outside in 30 degree weather all day if I would let them, but unfortunately that requires me being outside in the 30 degree weather and I really, really, really don't like the cold. I don't think I have ever been so happy to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring. I am ready to thaw and be warm again. I guess if Kyle had to leave it's best that he is gone during the warmer months when we can actually go and do stuff to stay preoccupied rather than stay inside all day hating life during the winter. Im trying to see the silver lining. 



No comments:

Post a Comment