In Japan there is one week each year that truly is magical. During that week all the trees bloom and cherry blossoms, or Sakura, are everywhere. The air smells sweet, and it is beautiful to see all the different shades of light pink adore the trees all around. My favorite part is driving underneath a cherry tree and watching all the petals waltz down from the tree on to my car. When sakura blooms it is officially spring time!
In Japanese culture and tradition during Sakura season you should have a picnic under the trees, and spend as much time outdoors enjoying the beauty of the season. The kids and I did just that. There is a beautiful park on the way to Abby's school. A couple times this past week we stopped after picking Abby up and enjoyed our time under the cherry trees. The park is fondly referred to as the train park because beside the beautiful trees and open grassy area, there is also a large playground, rope swing, and train that the kids can climb on and inside. Of course my kids love playing on the train, especially Connor. Thankfully the weather cooperated for us to be outside most days this week. I just love this time each year, and am sad that this is our last time we will get to enjoy the Japanese cherry blossoms.
It is really starting to hit me that we are entering our "lasts" here at Misawa. Our last spring, our last sakura season. I am grateful we live in such a beautiful and safe area where my kids can frolic under the cherry trees willy nilly. I mean, how many kids can say they actually experienced REAL Japanese cherry blossoms? When we are all done with our assignment here in Japan, Kyle and I have often talked about returning to Japan for a visit in the future. When we do we will make sure to align it during the Cherry blossom season because it truly is something special to see.
Here we go again, round two of T-ball. We put Abby in T-ball last year but it was pretty rough. I just think she was too young. Now she is super excited for T-ball, and so far she is doing great. She practices Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-6:30. Since I teach ballet on Thursdays my friend, whose son is on the team as well, takes Abby to practice. The hardest part this year during T-ball is Connor. Connor thinks he is on the team and luckily we have an understanding coach who allows him to participate in practice. Since he still doesn't really understand the concept of taking turns and listening to coach I still have to participate and help quite a bit. I know I look like a crazy lady as I have Brayden strapped to me in the carrier and I chase after Connor and Abby trying to help them get the mechanics of how to swing a bat and catch a ball. Oh I would do anything for those kids of mine, I just hope one day they appreciate the fact that I literally kill myself trying to make their lives fun and easy. There needs to be a Mother's day at least twice a year, not once!




No comments:
Post a Comment